coupel of kde4.2 beta plasma panel questions/issues

A couple of things aren’t working quite right and just wondering if it’s my config or the beta

1. quicklaunch -
    a) can not move the order of icons as in 4.1.x
    b) the row setting is not working, thus all icons are full size in a single row
  2. system tray
    there is no extender shown when the are hidden icons but in the KDE announcement pic one is shown
    http://kde.org/announcements/announce_4.2-beta1/desktop.png

thanks,

Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.2beta (unstable repo), Opera 9.x weekly

quicklaunch is broken in 4.2. Not sure why but the right people know. Most likely because plasma changed around a lot for 4.2 (again) and broke it. I did notice that no arrow shows up, I was wondering if it was a bug (have not checked bug reports for KDE yet since beta’s release) or if that feature didn’t make the beta. I know some browser improvements and plasma changes aren’t yet in beta 1 and will be in beta 2, so that might be one that missed the freeze to prepare for beta.

quickshade wrote:

>
> quicklaunch is broken in 4.2. Not sure why but the right people know.
> Most likely because plasma changed around a lot for 4.2 (again) and
> broke it. I did notice that no arrow shows up, I was wondering if it was
> a bug (have not checked bug reports for KDE yet since beta’s release) or
> if that feature didn’t make the beta. I know some browser improvements
> and plasma changes aren’t yet in beta 1 and will be in beta 2, so that
> might be one that missed the freeze to prepare for beta.
>
>
in the latest repo - in system tray the unhide button is functional it just isn’t visible (just click to the left most icon in the tray)

Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.2beta (unstable repo), Opera 9.x weekly

the latest 4.2 update also broke both weather plasmoids

Try the new YAWP weather plasmoid. It works since the last 4.2 update. As to Quick Launch, I’m using Folder View in the panel for the time being.

yeah after i posted i went to kde-look and saw that and it is better than weather forcast and the other one