Configuring VLANs in NetworkManager

Generally I find NetworkManger very convenient on my work laptop. However when I need to connect to tagged VLANs, I cannot find a way to create or edit network configuration for tagged VLANs.

Currently I am using nmcli to create a VLAN interface and **nmtui **to edit network configuration such as IPv4 settings. I am not sure if such configuration can be made persistent. I see that configuration changes made with nmtui may be lost when I make changes to network configuration via the Gnome Control Center network configuration applet.

Is there a way to configure VLAN interfaces using the same Control Center applet that we use to configure wireless, wired and VPN interfaces?

There is no difference what frontend is used to configure connections.

I see that configuration changes made with nmtui may be lost when I make changes to network configuration via the Gnome Control Center network configuration applet.

Do you have steps to reproduce it? GNOME may not see connection you created by nmcli/nmtui, but connection most certainly should not disappear.

What may happen - if connection is recognized by GNOME but specific property you have set is not - this property may be lost when editing connection via GNOME. frontend

Is there a way to configure VLAN interfaces using the same Control Center applet that we use to configure wireless, wired and VPN interfaces?

That is the question to GNOME developers. It is certainly not related to networking in general or even to NetworkManager itself. NetworkManager is server - everything else is separate application that talks to server. It is up to this application what it supports.