Cloning my dual boot drive to another computer

Hi,

I have 5 - SLES 10.0 and some with OpenSuse 11.0 dual booting with Windows XP and I want to make about 5 laptops and 5 Desktops (different load) with the same configuration. They should all have the same hard drives on them (but not guranteed to). I have tried Acronis Home 2009, Clonezilla, Norton Ghost 14.0, Ghost for Linux and they really don’t seem to be able to do it right they all seem to have issues one way or another. Does anyone know any other software for cloning dual boot systems??? Opensource/Free prefered but $$$ is OK too.

Thanks Tom

Hi
Have a look at Part Image which
also links to
[URL=http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page]SystemRescueCd

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
up 1 day 10:56, 1 user, load average: 0.83, 0.40, 0.27
ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

That’s an interesting piece of software “System Rescue CD” but I downloaded and have no idea how to run it and if it does an image of my disk to a network drive…

thanks,
Tom

Anything else? Other software?

Hi
You just need to burn the iso image and boot from the cd. I have it on
a sd card and can boot from that on this netbook to image off to an
external usb drive.

You can actually add tools to it, in your case it would need to be
network ones eg kernel module. There are details on how to customize on
the home page.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae
up 1:16, 1 user, load average: 0.37, 0.38, 0.36
ASUS eeePC 1000HE ATOM N280 1.66GHz | GPU Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME

It’s a cool Piece of software but I want something a bit more intelligent since I myself should be but am not, I think I will use the trial version of Acronis Enterprise as that is the Mercedes of all and hopefully should work, I appreciate your help!

Tom

Actually I am trying Acronis True Home 2009 (Retail about $50 tops) it supports all filesystem Types, ext3, ext2, ReiserFS & NTFS so for the most part this will work… It has some issues but their Tech support in India seems to get me going and so far so good.

The only thing you have to know is it HAS to be installed on a NTFS (XP or Vista) partition because it is NOT a Linux app you would do everything from your Windows side for installtion of the product etc. BUT you can fully backup and restore to Linux.

Oh well, guess that’s they way I gotta go!

Tom

google for “Autoyast” This should be easier, as it can build your system based on the config of one you have already installed.

Check your /root/ directory for the config file.