Clarification on nvidia 7600

The HCL has entries from different dates for different versions of opensuse. So, I’m looking for the latest evaluation of the nvidia 7600. The GT version has a good report. The GS version is reported to have problems with 3D.

But, we have had a few new versions of opensuse come out. Is anyone currently using 7600 GS successfully? If so, how did you get it to work?

Well, my daughter’s computer has a GeForce 7600 GT OC from BFG which works well with Windows and openSUSE (Dual Boot). I have had the card for a while and it has worked with Linux in every PC it has lived in. This card only has 256 MB of GDDR3 memory, but it never failed to run any Linux or Windows program put to it. This card is a PCIe version and not AGP which I remember you needed, not sure if that matters though.

Thank You,

Prexy wrote:

> The HCL has entries from different dates for different versions of
> opensuse. So, I’m looking for the latest evaluation of the nvidia 7600.
> The GT version has a good report. The GS version is reported to have
> problems with 3D.
>
> But, we have had a few new versions of opensuse come out. Is anyone
> currently using 7600 GS successfully? If so, how did you get it to
> work?

7600GS 3D works fine for me with latest proprietary nVidia drivers, openSUSE
11.2. Never had any issues.

I have a 7600 GS too, for years now, never any problems with any NVIDIA driver. Don’t expect too much, there’s a real difference with the GT, but it does the desktop effects fluently.

Thanks for the info. There seems to be a real price difference between GT and GS. But, for my needs, looks like the GS will do. :slight_smile: