Chromium random crashes after uptade to v.79


After both couple recent updates of chromium to either:
Chromium random crashes with this:

Received signal 11 SEGV_MAPERR 000000000001 #0 0x558808950c46 base::debug::StackTrace::StackTrace() 
#1 0x558808903896 base::debug::(anonymous namespace)::StackDumpSignalHandler() 
#2 0x558808903e9e base::debug::(anonymous namespace)::StackDumpSignalHandler() 
#3 0x7fd17bb5f2d0 <unknown> 
#4 0x7fd1781ab961 __strlen_avx2 
#5 0x558806f82324 cast_channel::KeepAliveDelegate::OnMessage() 
#6 0x558806fa47df cast_channel::CastTransportImpl::OnReadResult() 
#7 0x558806f23bb6 base::internal::Invoker<>::RunOnce() 
#8 0x558806f31361 cast_channel::MojoDataPump::ReceiveMore() 
#9 0x558806f23a66 base::internal::Invoker<>::Run() 
#10 0x558808790db7 mojo::SimpleWatcher::OnHandleReady() 
#11 0x55880876b201 base::internal::Invoker<>::RunOnce() 
#12 0x5588089c0ec9 base::TaskAnnotator::RunTask() 
#13 0x55880892e0bd base::sequence_manager::internal::ThreadControllerWithMessagePumpImpl::DoWorkImpl() 
#14 0x5588089337a7 base::sequence_manager::internal::ThreadControllerWithMessagePumpImpl::DoSomeWork() 
#15 0x55880892e5f0 base::MessagePumpLibevent::Run() 
#16 0x55880893019d base::sequence_manager::internal::ThreadControllerWithMessagePumpImpl::Run() 
#17 0x5588089a57eb base::RunLoop::Run() 
#18 0x55880a6e1450 content::BrowserProcessSubThread::IOThreadRun() 
#19 0x55880a6e149c content::BrowserProcessSubThread::Run() 
#20 0x55880892ac5a base::Thread::ThreadMain() 
#21 0x55880891ca38 base::(anonymous namespace)::ThreadFunc() 
#22 0x7fd17bb53f2a start_thread 
#23 0x7fd1781494af __GI___clone 
 r8: 00007fffa7ded090  r9: 00007fd16f6ffba8 r10: 00007fd16f6ffba0 r11: 00000000000018f8 
r12: 000008d55e4495a0 r13: 000008d5642a7fa0 r14: 0000000000000001 r15: 000008d55e403010 
 di: 0000000000000001  si: 000055880bb98127  bp: 00007fd16f6ffe10  bx: 000008d55c5d9510 
 dx: 0000000000000001  ax: 000055880b6b4a9f  cx: 0000000000000001  sp: 00007fd16f6ffdd8 
 ip: 00007fd1781ab961 efl: 0000000000010287 cgf: 002b000000000033 erf: 0000000000000004 
trp: 000000000000000e msk: 0000000000000000 cr2: 0000000000000001 
[end of stack trace] 
Calling _exit(1). Core file will not be generated.

Is it only me, or some1 else experience this?

Hmm ok.
Does anyone else use chromium v79 on tumbleweed?

No problems here with the latest version:


from here:

I typically upgrade the package two or three times a week and haven’t noticed any problems.

Using the latest snapshot and kde plasma

I’ve tried the version you are using, still the same. seems like the problem is in my ~/.config or ~/.cache

It’s the presence of a Chromecast or Google Cast device on the network that causes the crash.

Here’s the bug report:

So until this is fixed, unplug your Chromecast…or use Firefox.

Great catch!

I’d gladly keep using firefox, but it doesnt have decent session manager extension since quantum switch.
I’ve just did snapper rollback and froze the chromium version at 78 in yast. and then updated again.