Chromium Prints Garbage on New Printer

Printer is working now.

The thread started with printer not working in chrome only and scanner working on LEAP 15.1

After a clean install of LEAP 15.2: Printer is working everywhere but scanner not detected.

…sorry for the misleading thread name

Don’t worry abou the repos, I was debugging a very strange video problem but pretty much nothing is installed from VLC except for packages that don’t exist anywhere else.

System packages are installed from Packman which fixed an issue with Facebook videos on Chrome and Firefox. VLC ran everything else fine with it’s own packages but I
switched them over in the end.

Scanner is NOT working and NOT detected.

It is a WF-7720 which is not listed, even though I tried using WF-7620 in case it worked but no such luck.

As you said yourself, the thread title does no longer cover the problem. us better start a new problem. I guess that no scanner gurus will find your above post as it is hidden now.

My Epson Perfection V39 doesn’t work either with imagescan. But it works fine with xsane.

AFAIR, imagescan only supports some multi-function devices supported by the epkowa and utsushi (Epson) drivers. Dedicated Epson scanner devices are usually supported by the ‘sane-epson’ and ‘sane-epson2’ backends.

http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html