Chromium "isn't your default browser"

Updated Chromium from 35 to 36 yesterday.
Since then, every time I launch Chromium it states “Chromium isn’t your default browser - set as default?”

This despite it having been the default browser on my system since forever and is set in systemsettings5 > applications as the default browser.

Clicking the “set as default” popup when launching closes the popup but it is back on the next launch.

Going into Chromium settings I can see that it says chromium isn’t the default browser - but this has always been the case as far as I can remember.
There doesn’t seem to be a way to stop it checking to see if it is the default. My system understands Chromium is the default - it’s just that Chromium itself doesn’t understand.

I think you mean “55 to 56”.

Since then, every time I launch Chromium it states “Chromium isn’t your default browser - set as default?”

I’m not seeing that with Chromium. But maybe at some time in the past, I told it to not keep reminding me of that.

However, “vivaldi” does that to me whenever I start it. Yet, currently, I do have “vivaldi” set as default. I didn’t find a place to tell it to not ask.

For completeness, I should add that I’m using “firefox” at this moment. What browser I use, and what browser is default, don’t have to be the same.

oh, yes. Of course. :slight_smile:

for whatever reason, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Perhaps it was a reboot that fixed it.

On 21/02/17 03:26, farcusnz wrote:
>
> nrickert;2813238 Wrote:
>> I think you mean “55 to 56”.
>
> oh, yes. Of course. :slight_smile:
>
> for whatever reason, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Perhaps it
> was a reboot that fixed it.
>

That didn’t work for me, I’m still getting that rather irritating
message. Anyway, I’m glad that you’ve struck lucky.

Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK.
openSUSE 42.2; KDE Plasma 5.9.2; Qt 5.8.0; Kernel 4.10.0;
AMD Athlon X4 860K Processor; Sound: FCH Azalia;
Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (Driver: nouveau)

I’ve got a brand new install of 42.3 with plasma and this problem has resurfaced.
IN systemsettigns > applications > web browser is iset to chromium
but every time I launch chromium it tells me it isn’t the default and asks if I want to set it as default.
I select “yes” but still get asked the same question every time I start chromium

Any help would be appreciated