Chromium doesn't start after latest updates(15.0.854.0-2.1)

My guess is that it’s already too late…Maybe a new thread with proper title and make that sticky?

The idea was to copy the info in #17 and paste it in a new thread with proper title. If it doesn’t help, it won’t hurt - and it will probably prevent a few people from replacing the working version (846).

Edit, I was already posting, but you just want to warn those who haven’t upgraded yet?

Here it is: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/464263-chromium-chrome-broken-packages-do-not-update.html

Thanks please_try_again, you’re roll-back code earlier in the thread does the trick for me. :slight_smile:

News in post #2 : Chromium/Chrome: broken packages !! Do not update.

When it is fixed - will be soon - you can unlock and update chromium:

zypper --non-interactive rl libv8-3 chromium chromium-desktop-gnome
zypper refresh
zypper up chromium
zypper up chromium-desktop-gnome

It is fixed as far as I am concerned but some people are having problems: Chromium/Chrome: broken packages !! Do not update.

I just applied the new update (15.0.854.0-3.1) and now I can run chromium, but now its cpu usage is horrible, making it unusable. Right off the bat it uses all the cpu usage, I have to kill it.

same here… unbelievable…

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:36:02 +0530, hemathor
<hemathor@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
> same here… unbelievable…
>

what’s so unbelievable, that people make mistakes? must be a nice world
you’re living in…

phani.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:26:03 +0530, joonpy
<joonpy@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
> I just applied the new update (15.0.854.0-3.1) and now I can run
> chromium, but now its cpu usage is horrible, making it unusable. Right
> off the bat it uses all the cpu usage, I have to kill it.
>

by the way, the subject is misleading: this doesn’t happen to
google-chrome, which i’m using. a while ago i switched from chromium to
google-chrome for the same reason, something was broken for a while. this
happens to google-chrome too, but less frequent, seems to me. (and i’m not
particularly concerned about privacy.)

phani.

Downgrading chromium to version 846.

yesterday i’ve install chromium updates, now it has chromium-15.0.854.0-2.1.x86_64 version.
now it’s starts but: very slow speed of working and i can close tabs only by right click -> close tab. So, button “Close tab” isn’t works - it’s not active.

To close tab you have to drag tab a bit, and then close button becomes active (new GUI feature? :P)
Like I said, this build is annoying…

I mirrored old chromium on my server (thanks to please_try_again for sharing the files!), so you don’t have to use web browser to download it.
Anonymous login, if you have working browser (I guess you do, if you can read this :wink: ), you can browse suse directory.
Files are already decompressed, just remove new chromium and install them.

ftp://warpspider.co.cc/suse/chromium-15.0.846.0-2.1.x86_64.rpm
ftp://warpspider.co.cc/suse/chromium-desktop-gnome-15.0.846.0-2.1.x86_64.rpm
ftp://warpspider.co.cc/suse/libv8-3-3.5.2.0-2.1.x86_64.rpm

>To close tab you have to drag tab a bit, and then close button becomes active (new GUI feature? )
thanks.
imho, it’s strange feature. for what this feaature is created?

@sobrus, thank you. :wink:

@please_try_again

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
I will mirror x86 versions too, but i’m in work at the moment :confused: (and it’s 9am here)

@sobrus,
Maybe you could post the links in this thread too: Downgrading chromium to version 846.

Since yesterday an updated version 15.0.854 could be found in Contrib that resolves the issue indicated with regards to the missing sandbox client. However it seems that this 15.0.854 introduced two more issues that have been reported as a bug.

The fist issue is that the tab close buttons are not working. (This was reported as bug 93086 and bug 93480).
The second issue is that this version is very slow as reported in bug report 93401.

A newer build 15.0.857 is available which resolves the issue with regards to the tab buttons. Unfortunately this build still has the slower performance and cpu hogging from time to time. As that Chromium is moving to a different OBS repository, this newer build will not be available through the Contrib repositories.

The new home for chromium is network:chromium (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/chromium/<distribution version>)

Regards

Raymond

That`s good progress. Personally i will stick to the old version until the “waters get clear to sail” :slight_smile: