Changing CPU frequency

Hello,
I am running OS11 on Core Quad 9300.

I have tweaked my FSB rate for 10% overclocking and started the system with cpufreq set on. The problem is that my maximum frequency is still 2,5 GHz which is the default. Its a pity, is`t it? )
When I run OS 11 with CPUFREQ=off I have the correct CPU settings though that disables the dynamic CPU freq policy.

My /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cpufreq/…max_freq is set to default 2,5 GHz even for overclocked processor.

So my questions are
1/ Is there a way to make cpufreq to automatically determine all the values or should I try to manually use cpufreq-set instead? Is that safe?
2/ As I`ve learned that kpowersave is not the best scaling daemon. Which one do you use?

Thanks

If you examine closer you will probably find that actual cpu frequency and performance is still 10% higher, even if it reports default 2.5ghz.
AFAIK there are no linux tools that could change FSB frequency once it is set in BIOS.

Try turning off “cool’n’quite” or “speedstep” in your BIOS. See what happens. Set powersave to performance; Freq policy to perf too.

Thanks for your comments, but this is not what I was asking about.

As I said in my first post, turning speedstep off in bios or unloading cpufreq module from linux startup will certainly let the CPU to run on the overclocked frequency. But this is not what i want - I want overclocked frequency changing dynamicly depending on the load.

When cpufreq is “on” it blocks my CPU from working above default frequency - because 2500GHz is set as maximum in cpufreq config file. That means that my CPU is allowed by BIOS to work faster but is blocked by cpufreq module. The problem is that I do not know how to edit cpufreq config file (

If someone is familiar with this cpufreq thing could you tell me how you solved it?
Thank you very much again for answering.

My understanding is that, if you overclock your fsb, cpufreq will report the frequency, incorretly, as slower than it really is. Try running some benchmarks (google phoronix for their suite or just do a kernel compile) with the fsb set to different settings and see what you see.