Can't update due to the installed calibre-7.4.0-2.3.x86_64 requires 'libQt6Gui.so.6(Qt_6.7.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)', but this requirement cannot be provided

I have similar problem to this - which I see was supposed to have been resolved:

My error message relates to Calibre because of the following: the installed calibre-7.4.0-2.3.x86_64 requires ‘libQt6Gui.so.6(Qt_6.7.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit)’, but this requirement cannot be provided

My question is how was this resolved - do I need to add the python repo that was mentioned and if so, what is the best way to do that. Only asking here as I asked in a German forum about the same issue but got told off about that.

1 Like

I am not familiar with your exact occurrence of this conflict but the last time this was discussed here, a few weeks ago, the recommendation and solution was the same as ever: wait a couple of days until the packages involved are correctly built and released.

1 Like

Calibre wouldn’t open for me after the first time, required about 200 additional dependencies (on Gnome) so I’m using the flatpak version currently.

After this experience I realize now why some people hate Python :pleading_face:
Traditional packaging of Python apps is not the way forward, virtualenv or pipx should be made the standard for installation. :point_left:

3 Likes

Ah, I had the one from the Tumbleweed repo, so maybe I’ll try swapping it out for the Flatpak one then. I’m on Gnome too

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.