Can't start the Chrome browser after update on opensuse 11.4 64 bit

After applying an automatic update of the chromium package from 15.0.839 to 15.0.846 I can’t start the chrome browser with the ‘chromium-browser’ command:(
vince@vinceneil:~> chromium-browser
If ‘chromium-browser’ is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf chromium-browser
vince@vinceneil:~> cnf chromium-browser
chromium-browser: command not found

Any ideas?

Should I send an email to tittiatcoke@gmail.com (chromium project)?

• vincecrue,

the command is just “chromium”, not chromium-browser.

HTH
Uwe

running ‘chromium’ yield this:
vince@vinceneil:~> chromium
If ‘chromium’ is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf chromium
vince@vinceneil:~> cnf chromium
chromium: command not found

anyway going to the irc opensuse yielded a tip as the following:): goto /usr/lib64/chromium> directory and you will find some chrome browser executables:
chromium-generic libffmpegsumo.so plugins resources.pak
chromium chromium-kde
if you are in KDE use chromium-kde and in Gnome use chromium-generic instead. Since I am on the KDE desktop I pointed the chrome browser shortcut to /usr/lib64/chromium/chromium-kde %u
I tried chromium-generic and chromium too which brings up the browser as usual. My guess is that the occurring split up into different browser varieties has to do with integration efforts to make use of specifics of each different desktop or applications. This is just a workaround, which works fine but there is no excuse that an automatic update of the chromium package causes such an upheaval. I hope that this is getting fixed soon with another update!:slight_smile:
Result: Case SOLVED!:wink:

AFAICS it’s the symlink in /usr/bin that’s not been created by the package.