Can't select files in KF5

Whenever I open the file selector on a KF5 program, I get the following error:

 Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
 klauncher said: Error loading '/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/'.

Note that I’m using the KF5 stuff in the Frameworks5 repository, not the one in the default OSS repository.

Maybe a mix of incompatible packages?
Make sure you have all of KF5 from that repo, by doing a “full repository vendor change update”:

And I hope you are using the KDE:Qt5 repo as well, all packages in KDE:Frameworks5 are built against Qt 5.5 already, which is not included in 13.2.
Make a full switch to that repo as well, to rule out incompatibilities.

If that doesn’t help, try recreating the KDE cache by running “kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental” or deleting the directory ~/.cache/.

I’m using KDE:Frameworks5 on openSUSE 13.2 too and it works fine here btw.

Yes, I forced a vendor upgrade to Frameworks5 using YaST. Yes, I’m using the Qt5 repo along with it, and yes I forced a vendor upgrade to that as well. Running kbuildsycoca5 and deleting .cache didn’t do anything. I’m going to try another forced vendor reinstall just in case.

Hm. I did see such a problem intermittently here as well some time ago, but it works now.
I have no idea at the moment what else to try. And I don’t really know what fixed it for me either unfortunately.

Just to be sure: did you run “kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental” after you deleted ~/.cache/ too?
KF5 might not notice automatically that the cache is missing and rebuild it automatically.

PS: try on a fresh user account. That would at least show whether it’s a system-wide problem or somehow related to the user files.

And verify that /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/ actually exists. It’s part of kio-core which is required by many other packages anyway, so it should be installed, but maybe the file got deleted somehow or something like that.

ls -l /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/

It seems to work perfectly fine with a newly created account; there must be something with my personal account that’s causing the problem here.

Ok, then it’s no installation issue at least.

Well, I would start by deleting ~/.cache/ and running “kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental” again.

If that doesn’t help, try to rename ~/.config/ (this contains the configuration for other applications as well though, LibreOffice e.g.).
You can of course rename it back afterwards, but that should hopefully narrow down the problem.