Can't connet to Internet since upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3

Hi. I upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3, and now I can’t seem to get my network/internet connection working. I am using a router and a cable modem, and the connection is of course DSL. I am using wpa2 for security. I can’t even FIND where to enter my wpa2 key. When I upgraded from 10.x to 11.2, there was no such problem. Please take it from the beginning – I’m a user, not a tech.

In the lower right corner you’ll have to right click on the network icon and add a new network. Then go through all the tabs and you’ll see a place to add the key.

Click on lower right corner to add network. I’ll try it. Thanks! I was attempting to go through YAST, and getting lost in the possibilities.

–Bruce Duncan

I tried clicking on the lower right corner, both in KDE and in Gnome, and nothing pertaining to networks came up. I can access networks through YAST, and I HAVE set up networking on Windoze successfully, but it’s not working on 11.3. Help still needed. Thanks!

When you go to Yast > Network Devices > Network Settings

Does it open by telling you (with dimmed down background) that the network is controlled by Network Manager?

If using Yast, this might help: Configure a network card in Suse/openSUSE 11.x for Internet Access & wifi.