Can't boot suse 12.2 from first time

Hi, I have this hardware:

• Processor INTEL Dual Core E5700 de 3.0GHz (2 cores**, 64 bits, bus 800MHz, 2MB caché, 45nm)
• 4GB RAM (1 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz)
• **Hard Disk ** 500GB SATA II
• **DVD recorder ** DVD doble capa
MotherBoard ASRock G41M-VS3, con slot PCI-E libre
• 6 USB (4 back and 2 fronts)
Integrated Video Intel X4500, with ****1024MB of **shared memory.

******I had installed **open suse 12,1 in 3 partitions (the suse itself, the swap partition and the boot parition) and I have windows in another partition.

******The issue is :

1. If I try to update the system to open suse 12.2 with the cd (I checked the md5 wna was ok):**** When the update finisk and I boot my system, I choose 12.2 (which seems the same as 12.1 except that here ways 12.2, insted of 12.1 and I boot, and all graphics seems disordered. Also, threre are some windows icons in the graphics screen of suse.
  2. If I try to install 12.2 over the 12.1 installed, the first boot is all right. Also the “partition choose screen” seems different, and the first boot is all right. But when I reboot or shut down and turn on again in suse, graphics are all mess. Some windows icons I can see when I run from suse partition, just like case 1 (update), the diffence is the grub screen to choose the system I will begin.

Hope I was clear and I resolve this issue as soon as possible

thansk for any feedback

regards

Agustin

On 2012-09-17 17:26, agunet74 wrote:

> 1. If I try to update the system to open suse 12.2 with the cd (I
> checked the md5 wna was ok):** When the update finisk and I boot my

There is no upgrade option in the CD. What are you using?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

I downloaded the cd in software.opensuse.org, choose 64 bit, bit torrent. I’m going to download it again, I 'll see if the update option is displayed.

I just downloaded again the suse 12.2, and check the md5 and was ok.

After the welcome screen and choose my language and keyboard layout -> System probing -> And then installation mode. (That is update and existing system or install a new one)

The download was today (September the 19th)

Also I want to say, that I try the installation mode, but some libraries are deleted and I can not run ultraedit for linux in 12.2 if I install. (I can run it I make an update but the boot screen is the same as 12.1). In install mode, the boot screen have a radical change.

On 2012-09-19 17:36, agunet74 wrote:
>
> I just downloaded again the suse 12.2, and check the md5 and was ok.
>
> After the welcome screen and choose my language and keyboard layout ->
> System probing -> And then installation mode. (That is update and
> existing system or install a new one)

Sigh.
You are using the DVD, not the CD. Please, be careful with words.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

Yes, it was te DVD. Thanks Carlos for notice it.