Cannot Manually Create Snapshots

Hello,
Lately, Snapper is not automatically creating snapshots after running Zypper dup. So I decided to use YAST to create a new one manually. Hewever, instead of creating a new snapshot I got the folllowing message
“org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed; caused by 3 sender=:1.134 → dest=:1.135 serial=14 reply_serial=16 path=; interface=; member= error_name=error.create_snapshot_failed”

I don’t if this has to do of me copying the originaal HD to a bigger SSD. I seached, but could not find a answer to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Run

snapper --no-dbus --verbose create

and paste complete command and its output as preformatted text.

Thank you. Here is what I got:

snapshot check failed. not adding snapshot 2461
snapshot check failed. not adding snapshot 2462
snapshot check failed. not adding snapshot 2463
snapshot check failed. not adding snapshot 2464
create snapshot failed, btrfs_util_create_snapshot_fd2() failed, errno:26 (Text file busy)
Error (create snapshot failed).

I should add that I recently cloned my HD to a bigger SSD.

It is not how you post results of commands execution. You copy complete command line, full output and the next shell prompt and paste it as preformatted text to preserve any formatting. Anyway,

Show

cat /proc/swaps

Filename Type Size Used Priority
/swapfile file 16777212 0 -2

You cannot snapshot a subvolume with swap file.

Thank you!

Thank you!

It worked! I deleted the Swap file, and Snapper created a snapshot. I was able to create a snapshot with YAST manually.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.