Cannot install 11.3

Greetings from Greece. I tried to install opensuse 11.3 in an empty disk . Unfortunately the installation progress stops in 88% and the message error says “error copy live image to the disk”. I have burn two different cd but the result is always the same.
Is it a hardware problem or the cd is not correct?

I had the 11.2 version in the same pc without any problem for a long time.

could you please check the md5sum of the iso by doing:

md5sum *opensusefilenamehere.iso*

then compare it to the iso md5 sum found at:
Index of /distribution/11.3/iso

Did you check the md5 checksum (or other signatures) of the CD/DVD?

I will do it. I don’t understand . I downloaded from the original site.

Sometimes the file can get corrupted even though you downloaded it from the original site. If the md5sum doesn’t match download again.

Once you download the CD/DVD image, do a md5 check sum on that file to see if the downloaded image is not corrupted. The check sum of the file is available at the site software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.3 under the section “Verify your download”.

md5sum filename

Completely different.

Then that would most likely be the problem. Download the iso again and verify the md5sum and if it matches go ahead and install it.

Note that you should also run the media check to make sure you have a good burn once you burn it to a disk. Also alway burn at the lowest possible speed.

On 2010-10-12 12:36, constantinos wrote:
>
> Completely different.
>
>

Repair it.

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Download_help#Repairing_a_download

Next time, download using metalinks - see the same page for help.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)

Avoid downloading using torrent if you can. I’ve found that torrent adds to the media corruption.

md5sum filename - before you burn the .iso and again after you burn the .iso to CD to make sure the download is correct and your CD burner is correct. Sometimes its a older CDrw failing.

If you have a fast Internet connection I recommend using the network install rather than burning a CD, because those are would be LiveCDs which aren’t the complete OpenSUSE installation as the DVD.

On 2010-10-13 20:36, tararpharazon wrote:
>
> Avoid downloading using torrent if you can. I’ve found that torrent
> adds to the media corruption.

Never - unless you use a broken client. I have used it to correct a download with a bad checksum to
get a correct checksum.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)