Cannot enroll fingerprint, probably due to Windows(sorry for doublepost)

Very sorry for doublepost, i’ve accidentally deleted the previous topic

I’ve got an Acer laptop SP513-54N,
fingerprint reader: ‘04f3:0c4f Elan Microelectronics Corp. ELAN:Fingerprint’ (shows up in lsusb and should be supported by fprint if i’ve read correctly).
I’ve tried installing both Fedora and Tumbleweed after running Windows for a long time and on both cannot enter fingerprints.
fprintd, fprintd-pam and libfprint-2-2 are installed by default.
The gnome settings interface just gives me ‘failed to enroll fingerprint’ while in terminal after 'fprintd-enroll

Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Enrolling right-index-finger finger.
Enroll result: enroll-stage-passed
Enroll result: enroll-unknown-error

fprintd-verify shows no enrolled prints

I’ve tried the appimage in this post to see if it’s caused by somehow remaining stuff from windows (the drive should have been overwritten and I have no option to remove fingerprints in BIOS) but this causes a different error:

Failed to load shared library 'libfprint-2.so.2' referenced by the typelib: /lib64/libgudev-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_pointer
/tmp/.mount_fprintLFoBpv//opt/fprint_clear_storage.py:7: Warning: cannot retrieve class for invalid (unclassed) type 'void'
  ctx = FPrint.Context()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_fprintLFoBpv//opt/fprint_clear_storage.py", line 7, in <module>
    ctx = FPrint.Context()
TypeError: could not get a reference to type class
alexb@localhost:~/Downloads/fprint-clear-storage-0.0.1>

i cannot figure out how to fix this, though since this is an Elan reader and the post indicates a Goodix it may be because of this difference.

Could anyone point me in the right direction at least? I’ve been stuck on this for about 2 days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.