Can´t reconnect to Internet!

I´m running openSUSE 12.3 64 bit on Gnome 3.6.2 desktop dual booted with W8.1 on a Medion Akoya laptop successfully.
My Linksys ADSL Gateway AG300 was disconnected from the phone system overnight and this morning on reconnection I could not access the internet. I´ve never experienced this situation before.
What action can I take to from openSUSE 12.3 to re-establish the wired internet connection?

Were you using NetworkManager or ‘ifup’? (It’s common to use the former with laptops.)

Let’s see where things are at…post the output of the following commands

ip address
netstat -r
grep -i name /etc/resolv.conf
  • You may find it convenient to copy/paste the output to a text file and load on to a memory stick so that you can post the output from a computer with internet connectivity.

It may be that your router needs to be power-cycled perhaps.

[QUOTE=deano_ferrari;2691310]Were you using NetworkManager or ‘ifup’? (It’s common to use the former with laptops.) [QUOTE]

Neither! Have since had a look Network Tools & Network Connections - for future use.

How do I copy outputs from Terminal? I can highlight the text but can´t Copy content.

I´ve copied the Terminal outputs into Clipboard - from a Screen Shot. How do I get access to Clipboard and copy contents into this area?

Neither! Have since had a look Network Tools & Network Connections - for future use.

You are definitely using one or the other. Read the following

http://guillaume.gardet.free.fr/openSUSE-doc/opensuse-all/cha.nm.html

How do I copy outputs from Terminal? I can highlight the text but can´t Copy content.

Can you not copy using CTRL+SHIFT+C and CTRL+SHIFT+V from the terminal and paste into a text file?

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Desktop_customization_tips#Copying_and_pasting_in_konsole.2Fgnome_terminal

[Can you not copy using CTRL+SHIFT+C and CTRL+SHIFT+V from the terminal and paste into a text file?]

In a word, no! Tried using Kate and LibeOffice Write. Nothing pastes, using CTRL+SHIFT+V or CTRL+SHIFT+P

With ref to item re this subject there is no Edit in the drop down menu in my Terminal window!

To be completely explicit, if you are using something like ‘konsole’ as your terminal (emulator), Ctrl+shift+C ought to copy the selected text to the paste buffer (and there is a drop down menu selection that does the same thing) and if you are using kate, ctrl-V will paste it at the insertion point. An alternative would be to send the terminal output to a file directly (but you shouldn’t have to do that, if you don’t want to) and it ought to be possible to open the resulting file in, eg, kate.

Thanks Deno for your help. Turns out that the issue is with my ISP who have stuffed up 3 customers connection with Telstra.

I´ve used the data from LM17 laptop that has the same issue.

Thanks again

$ ip address
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:26:6c:d0:fd:17 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.1.64/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global eth0
inet6 fe80::226:6cff:fed0:fd17/64 scope link
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether d0:df:9a:70:22:bb brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
john@john-Satellite-C665 ~ $ netstat -r
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface
default 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
john@john-Satellite-C665 ~ $ grep -i name /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.1.1

Okay, so not a config issue, but instead a problem with your provider. All good.