Can´t install ATI drivers

Hello,

I have downloaded the AMD drivers of for my HD 7870 card but when I want to install it I get a message that refers to me a config of ATI wich says:
Supported adapter detected.
Check if system has the tools required for installation.
fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers. /lib/modules/3.7.10-1.1-desktop/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.
fglrx installation requires that the system has gcc tool. gcc cannot be found on this system.
One or more tools required for installation cannot be found on the system. Install the required tools before installing the fglrx driver.
Optionally, run the installer with --force option to install without the tools.
Forcing install will disable AMD hardware acceleration and may make your system unstable. Not recommended.

What do I have to do to install the drivers?

@mcgloud

try the following, (assuming NO_KMS_IN_INITRD is set to yes)

in yast, Software Repositories add repo Index of /mirror/amd-fglrx/openSUSE_12.3
in yast program manager, search for fglrx, and select appropriate driver, and then update

if all has gone ok a reboot with the fglrx should be achieved

hth

Thanks! It worked!

But how do I delete the AMD testing use only watermark in the right down corner?

@mcgloud

in a few weeks, more than likely, the official version will be issued,

so is it worth the effort?

if its of importance, suggest a read of https://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/476725-getting-rid-amd-unsupported-hardware-overlay-message-after-video-driver-update.html,

but I doubt if the patch will work for this driver

have fun

Well, back on Ubuntu there was a way to edit the config to get rid of it.
Now I´m on opensuse I can edit it but cannot save it because I don´t have the permission to… kinda strange.
Anybody knows how to ¨bypass¨ this?

@mcgloud

to change any system files root priviledges are needed
(use File Manager - Super User Mode)

but take care, its not hard to break the os

best of luck