Can someone compile this for me ?

i have a source that i want to compile, but every time i tried to compile, it have a problem.
it can be get here : https://github.com/BlankOn/manokwari/zipball/master
can you compile and send the RPM file to me ?
thank you before, sorry for bad english…

If you want RPMS, you’d have to make a request for that to one of the packagers, or rather open a feature request on openFate. And you cannot do that without telling what the software should do. FWIW we could be compiling and installing 100% malware. I for one am not going to do that. And, I don’t think packagers are gonna package anything for just one person.

Better even: why don’t you let people over here help you to get this compiled? What we need is output, output, output. The compiler/configure will tell you what’s missing, probably some -devel packages.

I found this info:

Manokwari desktop shell for GNOME 3. Contribute to manokwari development by creating an account on GitHub,

but there does not seem much else. Without direct openSUSE help, it seems doubtful a GNOME 3 shell would work with our version without a lot more effort. Until today, I have never heard or read about it, though it is hosted on Github it appears. If this was me, I would stick with the resources in our repositories.

Thank You,

Forgive me to post a help-needed without clue here, i just want that compilled to be sure
for what software it is, its not a malware, its a Desktop Environtment fork of GNOME 3 called “Manokwari” :slight_smile:
for feature request, i have that in openFATE, but with different “want” here : https://features.opensuse.org/314747

ok, here it is:
from the software site, it have an installation instructions for ubuntu, it say “not tested yet” but i am pretty sure its working on ubuntu. look for the site : http://manokwari.blankonlinux.or.id

when i followed the instructions, i get stuck in command “sh autogen.sh” here the output :

Ar-Rachman@IQI-Computer:~/bin/BlankOn> cd manokwari
Ar-Rachman@IQI-Computer:~/bin/BlankOn/manokwari> sh autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.69
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.12... found 1.12.1
checking for libtool >= 1.4.3...
  testing libtoolize... found 2.4.2
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.32.4
checking for intltool >= 0.25...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.50.2
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.25
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`autogen.sh' command line.

Processing ./configure.ac
Running libtoolize...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running aclocal-1.12...
Running autoconf...
Running autoheader...
Running automake-1.12...
configure.ac:60: error: required file 'tests/Makefile.in' not found
Makefile.am:5: error: required directory ./tests does not exist
Ar-Rachman@IQI-Computer:~/bin/BlankOn/manokwari>

here the site : Manokwari | BlankOn Linux

Sorry for bad english

In YaST, have you installed the GNOME Development applications as there is a Pattern for that plus Base Development, C/C++ **Development **and Integrated Development Environment? This will install a whole lot of applications needed to compile such stuff as a new GNOME shell.

Thank You,

There is no directory “tests” in GIT repository on github. You will need to contact author of this software and ask where to get it (or how to create it). May be he forgot to add it or push to guthub. So far there is absolutely nothing related to openSUSE or any other distribution.

Although not a recommended approach and it can break your system .
I could install the desktop using redhat rpms
But there is no d-bus and hence my tomboy won’t start :-(. The git pages also say that d-bus is not available :frowning:
I am posting from manokwari

http://i.imgur.com/hlyKgMHl.png](http://imgur.com/hlyKgMH)

Update:- I restarted and Tomboy opens now . Thanks for recommending “manokwari”

i think its will work with no pattern like that installed, because in the website, it have dependencies that must be installed, i installed that but still dont work :frowning:
here the list :

gnome-common libcairo2-dev libgee-dev libglib2.0-dev libgnome-menu-dev libgtk-3-dev libtool libunique-3.0-dev libvala-0.12-dev valac

ok i will try to contact the developers, but why its work with man below you without problem ? :\

how can you build & compile that Vaz ?
can you post how you do that ? please ?
and, have it work perfectly on your openSUSE machine ?

if you are happy, i think you can say thanks to the developers here :
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/BlankOn-dev
or in the community here :
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/blankon

have a lot of fun with your new DE! :wink:
and if you like it a lot, can you vote these ? https://features.opensuse.org/314747

No compile nothing. I am too lazy to do that stuff :nerd:

==>Just downloaded redhat rpms for manokwari
==>Install rpms using YaST :slight_smile:
==>Then I created new test user and disabled auto login ,because i don’t want to spoil my home profile
==>Logged out from GNOME and logged into test user,session: blankon desktop and viola we get the above screen

The desktop is pretty stable(no problems in couple of hours) and i can customise things through gnome-tweak-tool(advanced settings).I am not too much of a fan of Tiling stuff that this DE offers.

But,again. Nothing beats compilation and installation. Best of luck . I would also suggest using OBS instead of doing it on your desktop so that the community can get your rpms . I don’t know if OBS supports GIT.

where you downloaded the RPM file ? :
I will do it if i can, but i can’t, its to complicated to me :?, (or i am to lazy to learn rotfl!)

I see(your signature) that you have KDE installed. Doesn’t manokwari require GNOME installed as a pre-requisite as this seems to be a fork of GNOME Shell?
Cinnamon(another Shell fork) on openSUSE requires that GNOME be installed first.

yes i have KDE, i think so, GNOME must be installed first before this can be installed, but the community (not the developers) said that manokwari can be installed with (on) any distribution and any DE, so i give it a try but doesn’t work on compiling from KDE ( i have a bad experience in compiling software) :frowning:
then i give up and ask this on forum.

you said you install this with a RPM file, right ? can you tell me where i can get it ? please ? :slight_smile:

Like already suggested, to compile things you need the necessary development packages to be installed. From what I’ve read now, you may not need a full GNOME-shell install, but you will need a full GNOME development environment to get these sources compiled and installed.

I am putting together a guide for doing this and i will keep you posted regarding this. May be, when the guide is ready i will PM the link to you :-).
Since i am going to prepare this based on GNOME you may need to improvise.

hmm… i think so, but i think to do it on 12.3 later, i dont want to make a big mess on my openSUSE again :nerd:

sure, will wait for this, :smiley:
but maybe i will ready for this after 12.3 Realease. so you can prepare your GNOME guide with more free time :wink: