I have tried to get external data form numerous websites in calc,
When I insert the web address into the box for URL of external data source my calc document hangs.
I am trying to download sports results into my calc document from
I queried with libre to see if there was a problem with their software but they replied that it works fine in Debian & Ubuntu.
I let the query run over night last nigh & my calc document was still hanging this morning & I hadn’t received an error report.
Is there a way for me to retrieve an error report when the document hangs?
I am running opensuse 13.1-X86- 64 bit
I’ve posted to the bugzilla my surprise that you can point Calc generally to a webpage with all sorts of stuff in it, and not specifically to the data, eg the HTML table on the webpage(which I’ve done).
I didn’t know that what these individuals are trying to do might be possible, and so far my admittedly sometimes questionable Google talent can’t come up with a tutorial or reference that this is possible. For it to work, some “smarts” in the code has to be able to parse the objects on the webpage and extract only objects with tags that could potentially contain importable data. Then it also becomes a question what happens if the page is comprised of multiple tables, and webpages often use tables for object placement instead of holding data.
And, that doesn’t even start to address the issue that HTML5 is obsoleting tables with its “flowing objects” approach.
I found out too late that there is a big difference between Libre & LibreOffice.
I downloaded the package form the Libreoffice website & installed it.
I have never used the LibreOffice:Factory before but I definitely try it next time.