Build Service advice for specific app

I’m trying to build nautilus-actions in OBS.
If somebody could tell me how could i solve my problem with compiling it, if someone could have a look at my spec file and Build Log.

What am i doing wrong here?

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=nautilus-actions&project=home%3ABenderBendingRodriguez

You may have to cut and paste it here. That’s apparently your password-protected account. Can’t get there directly from your link.

Maybe just go here tick include home repos

and search for Bender

https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_all

Here are the last lines of the Build Log

ERROR: No sufficient Category definition: /var/tmp/nautilus-actions-1.4.1-16.1-build//usr/share/applications/nact.desktop
WARNING: Empty GenericName: /var/tmp/nautilus-actions-1.4.1-16.1-build//usr/share/applications/nact.desktop
Errors in installed desktop file detected. Please mail stbinner@suse.de, if you think this is wrong.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.64010 (%install)

RPM build errors:
cannot open Pubkeys index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.64010 (%install)
System halted.

Hi
You need to fix the desktop file (nact.desktop), any reason why they
updating is removed?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.1 x86 Kernel 2.6.27.7-9-default
up 1 day 16:13, 3 users, load average: 0.51, 0.35, 0.19
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 180.29

Well lots of changes has been made in order to fix this (in most cases brainless decisions as this is a second package i’m building but hey, everyone has to start with something right:)??

BTW I managed to build this using files from my home OBS on my home PC (it’s at least hell lot faster to build than OBS), now i’ll see if it will build normally there hmm

P.S. Any reasons OBS doesn’t work while my PC works?

Hi
Most times it’s the categories need a diff file. It’s a bit of playing
around at times;

http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-1.0.html

Do you know how to make/add a patch? (Maybe not…?)

up 1 day 16:40, 5 users, load average: 0.28, 0.22, 0.19

I am a complete greenhorn here and i find myself in need of some good tutorials as i want to contribute something more than just bugs :smiley:

Any ideas why it built correctly on my home pc?? Is there any additional process in OBS for checking the packages?? As where it fails in OBS then at the same check at my PC everything is fine?

Hi
It’s the factory build checks, you need to install the brp-check-suse
noarch rpm from here;
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/janblunck:/branches:/openSUSE:/Factory/standard

up 1 day 17:05, 5 users, load average: 0.18, 0.31, 0.42

That is correct, with this package it fails on my PC too. Hmmm, i don’t really know what to do now because no one packages this great extension for nautilus (at least for 11.1). And i’d like to have it, i understand from the Build Log that i need to add Category definition right?

I installed the package created on my PC before failing and it works fine. Can i override that additional check somehow?

Hi
And a few other changes in the spec file, have a look here;
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=nautilus-actions&project=home%3Amalcolmlewis&gt;

You need to make a diff file for the nact.desktop.in file.

Don’t forget to detail your changes in the changelog section as well :wink:

up 1 day 18:15, 4 users, load average: 0.18, 0.20, 0.24

Hmm how come it didn’t find this maintainer when searching for packages on opensuse? Thanks for pointing me to this maintainer.

Hi
Hmmm, maybe because it’s me? I just had a quick look and put together
the diff file and built it in response to you problem.

up 1 day 23:16, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 0.10, 0.16

I can’t build Packman’s gparted this way too. Can’t understand what changes I have to apply to .desktop to make it work.
Packages for 10.3 :slight_smile: are done, but all of others are broken with the error:

WARNING: ‘/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/suse-screensavers.menu’ does not exist
WARNING: ‘/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/preferences-gnome.menu’ does not exist
WARNING: ‘/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/applications-kmenuedit.menu’ does not exist
ERROR: No sufficient Category definition: /var/tmp/gparted-0.4.4-build//usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop
ERROR: translation is neither enabled nor disabled for this file: /var/tmp/gparted-0.4.4-build//usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop
WARNING: file extension in Icon line: /var/tmp/gparted-0.4.4-build//usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop
WARNING: Empty GenericName: /var/tmp/gparted-0.4.4-build//usr/share/applications/gparted.desktop
Errors in installed desktop file detected. Please mail stbinner@suse.de, if you think this is wrong.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.313 (%install)

RPM build errors:
cannot open Pubkeys index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.313 (%install)
System halted.

can u tell me the secret?) appreciate it)

Ily41, please post as a new thread. Next person might complain about pasta not being cooked ‘al dente’. Stick to the initial subject.