BSNL USB modem(UT-300R2U) driver for openSUSE 11 -- Problem!

I am a BSNL broadband user. Recently I have dual booted my pc with openSUSE11 and windowsXP sp3. Now the problem is, the UTstar USB modem drivers provided by BSNL supports redhat, fedora of 2.4 kernel. I tried it on suse11, but it failed to install the USB modem driver!

I am a newbee in linux machine… and its very frastrating to start without a internet connection!

My problem is very specific in the context that I can not connect through ethernet lan… because my modem’s ethernet software part (192.168.1.1) has been disrupted!

I am posting the link where I have uploaded the BSNL driver cd image! Plz explore it!

4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - driver

Plz help me!

saptarshi wrote:

> BSNL broadband user
Is it dataone?

yes it is Dataone!

saptarshi wrote:

>
> yes it is Dataone!
>
Well try the following procedure:

1. configure network card and set it to static ip address 192.168.1.3, the
    corresponding subnet mask and default gateway 192.168.1.1.
  2. configure your dsl (add new service provider as BSNL and provide username
    and pasword)
  3. run KInternet

Btw did you buy the modem or BSNL provided it?

BSNL provided the UTstar Modem (white coloured). Model no.- UT-300R2U

saptarshi wrote:

>
> BSNL provided the UTstar Modem (white coloured). Model no.- UT-300R2U
>
>
the procedure I described should work for you.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion and sorry for late reply.

I found that time (aug, 2008) that the ethernet port of my mobo was screwed up! So that i installed a D-link ethernet card in the PCI slot of my the then HP mobo and all goes well. Now using ASUS M3A78-EM mobo with AMD phenomX3 and of course BSNL broadband is rocking with opensuse! lol!

I started my journey to linux world through opensuse 10.1… now using 11.2.
Through these years with opensuse i learned lots of things on linux and multi varied networking method in linux and now proud to be an experienced user, but learning never stops. Each day is a new day to explore the infinite knowledge bases!
by the way, i wrote a whole installation documentation of BSNL broadband in opensuse in my tech blog named PROTOTYPE777](http://prototype777.blogspot.com/2009/08/bsnl-broadband-on-opensuse-linux-rocks.html)
:slight_smile: hope this will help the new comers as i was that time!