Blurry text in Firefox with Nvidia driver

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently developed a problem with my firefox and my display after upgrading to 11.1. I installed the Nvidia driver and a kernel module after the installation and then noticed that some of the text on certain websites gets blurred or smudged.It doesn’t affect all text, generally stuff in a smaller font. The time signatures on my Yahoo homepage get blurred, as well as much of the text on slashdot.org. It doesn’t happen all the time, and scrolling the window so the smudged text is hidden off-screen, then scrolling back sometimes solves the problem. Selecting the text using left click and drag also clears the smudging. Not sure what is causing this and I’m hoping for a solution. I have not noticed a problem elsewhere. It’s just Firefox so far. Thanks in advance.

Ingvar

Just a follow up note,

It also affects messages I get on popup windows such as wine telling me it can’t run a certain program for instance. At least that’s what I think it says. This has nothing to do with firefox, but rather a system message. Thanks again.

Ingvar

I had to tweak my font settings in 11.1, whereas 11.0 was spot on from the word go.

Try in your desktop settings - Fonts
Anti-aliasing
Force-fontsDPI 96DPI

try some different options there
I switched all my fonts to Liberation Sans - keeping the default sizes and mono as mono.