Bluray ISO creation

Hi there

I was looking around to find a bluray iso creator to burn my HD clips.

I found some commercial SW and downloaded it (trial version), installed under wine…no problem. The SW is called “ImTOO Bluray Creator”, does menus etc and can create an ISO.

(There is something from videolan, could not find any documentation to make it work.)

So far so good, I burned the ISO with k3b on a DVD.

Problem is non of the players recognise the bluray/HD format !!!

My questions are: Does anyone know a DVD/bluray creator in the open source world to burn HD (1920x1080) clips. (not encrypted)

And, is there a Bluray enable player around in the linux world ?

Thanks and cheers

otto_oz

Correction, K3B did not burn the bluray iso.

Is there a way to convert the iso to DVD without losing the resolution?

Brasero burns the image correctly. That problem has been solved. The flies are not encrypted and there no use for it anyway

What bluray enabled player could be used?

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:06:03 +0000, otto oz wrote:

> Is there a way to convert the iso to DVD without losing the resolution?

Probably not, as DVD isn’t a high-def format and the difference in data
storage from DVD to Blu-Ray is pretty significant.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Hi Jim

I agree, What I am currently searching for is bluray player plugin. My home videos are not encrypted, so something like libaacs is not necessary.

It is more for share videos, so somebody can play them on there bluray player.

For me it is a nice to have, at the end of the day I can burn my HD clips and open them up. No problem.

Having however a dvd, double layer or blutray with a menue interface is more elegant.

And, as a matter of principal I like to stick with the linux environment.

cheers

otto,
Have you considered installing a VM, placing Windows on it & using a Windows App for playing the Blurays?
I’m not sure it’ll work, but it might be worth a try.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:06:02 +0000, otto oz wrote:

> And, as a matter of principal I like to stick with the linux
> environment.

Yes, but if the libraries aren’t there yet, they’re not there yet. It
doesn’t sound like they are.

Jim

Jim Henderson

Have you considered installing a VM, placing Windows on it & using a Windows App for playing the Blurays?
I’m not sure it’ll work, but it might be worth a try.

Hi Sagemta, I can play my bluerays. I stream via VLC or smplayer using makemkv as the backend.

Yes, but if the libraries aren’t there yet, they’re not there yet. It
doesn’t sound like they are.

Jim, we have libbluray in the repository, libaacs is necessary for decryption of commercial blurays only.

What I am looking for is a bluray plugin for kaffeine, xine, smplayer or VLC and a linux based bluray creator.

The commercial one I downloaded works well under “wine” and creates the relevant iso/BD structor. With Brasero I can successfully burn the the bluray structure/image on a DVD. The clip however has their logo on it until I pay for the license. Minor detail, for test purposes sufficient.

So for test purposes the prerequisites appear to be there except for the player bluray plugin.

If anyone has an idea or is on a similar path, please let me know.

cheers

otto_oz

The commercial trial version was a flopp !!! the ios created is not recognised by makemkv… This may be because I have not purchased the license or it does not run properly under wine.

If anyone has an idea to burn HD clips with a nice menu interface…any suggestions would be much appreciated.

By the way I got my bluray button on the xine-player but can not test it since I have no un-encrypted BD.

thanks otto_oz

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:36:02 +0000, otto oz wrote:

> What I am looking for is a bluray plugin for kaffeine, xine, smplayer or
> VLC and a linux based bluray creator.

Yes, but what I’m saying is if they’re not there, they’re not there.

Sorry for not having been clear as to my meaning in the earlier reply. :slight_smile:

Jim

Jim Henderson

Hi Jim

No problem, I guess one has to be patient until our friends from doom9 come up with a workable solution.

cheers otto_oz