Beta 3: Flash plugin present in FF, but not working (64-bit)

I wonder if this is a bug or temporary beta thing, because there are no non-oss repos available yet, so it is not fully configured with non-oss stuff. 11.0 had flash working out of the box.

about:plugins shows that I have both the nspluginwrapper and Flash player installed, but Flash does not work (pages act as if there is no flash installed).

I noticed this both on Beta2 and now on Beta3. On beta2 all I had to do was to reinstall the flash plugin from 11.0 repo.

So, should I file one, or is this expected of beta?

It’s working here…
lol!>:)

What exactly is your Flash plugin? Shockwave?

Cuz me too it’s not fully functional. Actually, in 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1, I never got Flash or JavaScript (not same thing I know) fully functional, I do not know which one isn’t.

Well as far as I can tell there’s no non-oss repo working yet (or at least last time I checked and that’s where you would get flash-player). It’s not hard to do it manually and that way you can get Flash 10 (I’ve got it working in 11.1 and it’s so much better than 9).
Download it here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
choose the tar version.
extract it then in whatever dir you extracted the files

sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/

then

sudo nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so

then in browser make sure nspluginviewer is selected to handle flash content.

How do you check that nsplugingviewer is enabled?

NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.0.0 must be enabled?

Look in Yast > software

Geoff

Depends on the browser. In firefox Click - Edit - Preferences - Applications - and search for SWF or flash by default nspluginviewer is enabled.

That explains a lot, I do not have SWF in the applications list.

sudo nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so

on 11.1b3+/b4 with Flash Player 10 for Linux
Version 10.0.12.36

Alin

Try to install the linux32 package in yast.