Belkin USB Wireless adapter - newb needs help

I’ve been using OS 11.0 (first ever experience of Linux) for a grand total of 4 hours - 3 hours installing and trying to get this USB adapter to work, half an hour playing freecell and another half hour considering putting XP back on - help!

Info:
kernel release: 2.6.25.5-1.1-default

lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 050d:7051 Belkin Components F5D7051 54g USB Network Adapter

As far as I can tell, I’ve installed ndiswrapper through YaST software management, I have the necessary Belkin WinXP drivers in a folder on my desktop (bcmrndis.inf, rndismpk.sys, usb8023k.sys, downloaded from Belkin website)and I’ve tried following instructions found on various sites:

<from driver folder> sudo ndiswrapper -i bcmrndis.inf

On typing in the root password when requested, it tells me

sudo: ndiswrapper: command not found

Is this indicating ndiswrapper isn’t even installed?

Any help would be appreciated, after 16 years of using windows PCs it’s very disheartening to be returned to a complete n00b level.

I’m not sure if ndiswrapper is required for the Broadcom BCM4320 chipset your card uses. Have you gone through the wireless sticky? If it turns out that you need ndiswrapper…

sudo: ndiswrapper: command not found

…means you need to install it first. To do so, start Yast, Software Management. Anyway if you want to know my very personal opinion?! If ndiswrapper is really needed for this chipset I’d consider getting some hardware better supported by linux, an atheros or ralink chipset for example.

In SuSE, use su instead of sudo (or take a look at man sudo).
Cheerz