Baires - Batch Image Resizer

Baires compiled for Windoze too since yesterday. If you have friends and family that refuses to convert and like a proggy, you may offer them an option.
Baires download

Congratulations on your effort. All great thing start small, after all. :slight_smile:

Regarding the target image size setting, one nice feature in gwenview’s batch resize is the “one-dimension” setting, you only specify one of the target dimensions (width or height) and the plugin resize it keeping the aspect ratio, of course. That way you don’t have to worry if the source has non-standard (4:3, 16:9,etc.) w/h ratios.

Hello!
Great app! But when i installed baires-1.2r1-21.1.i686 and when i select Ruski in settings, i see ??? instead normal words.
P.S. Link in blog not work.

@Brunomcl: yea, nice thought. I will see to it when I get time. Also, you can mimic that by selecting custom resolution & check “keep aspect ratio”. But I agree that it should be more straightforward
@ksl87: probably had UTF8 problem with a file. Will see to that also. Blog server is somewhat unstable. Pressing refresh few times get it right. When it’s moved in new server, probably will be OK.

Thank you all.

Hello, just in case you are still around :slight_smile:

I used to install picwiz, that do the same job, but this app is no more installable easily (needs libpng.so.3, obsolete), but yours is nearly a replacement.

however it miss a small feature: ability to be used in a context menu: choose a file (or a bunch of files) and start working on them as it do now.

just now, if I select 5 files, it opens 5 baires.

I see you ask for a folder, should be better is a list of files.

any way it’s a good work, thanks
jdd