AZERTY AFNOR Layout with OpenSUSE Leap 15.3 or Leap 15.4

Hello,

I recently installed OpenSUSE Leap 15.4.

I thought I could use my keyboard.
But I can’t find the keyboard layout for the standardized AZERTY.

The French AZERTY AFNOR Layout is present in the Tumbleweed edition.
I’m surprised I can’t find it in the OpenSUSE Leap 15.4 version.

How can I add it?

Regards

Bugreport?

Leap 15.4 is beta.

AFAICS, the fr(azerty) layout is present in Leap 15.3.

> man 7 xkeyboard-config

├──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
       │fr                               French                                                       │
       │fr(nodeadkeys)                   French (no dead keys)                                        │
       │fr(sundeadkeys)                  French (with Sun dead keys)                                  │
       │fr(oss)                          French (alt.)                                                │
       │fr(oss_latin9)                   French (alt., Latin-9 only)                                  │
       │fr(oss_nodeadkeys)               French (alt., no dead keys)                                  │
       │fr(oss_sundeadkeys)              French (alt., with Sun dead keys)                            │
       │fr(latin9)                       French (legacy, alt.)                                        │
       │fr(latin9_nodeadkeys)            French (legacy, alt., no dead keys)                          │
       │fr(latin9_sundeadkeys)           French (legacy, alt., with Sun dead keys)                    │
       │fr(bepo)                         French (Bepo, ergonomic, Dvorak way)                         │
       │fr(bepo_latin9)                  French (Bepo, ergonomic, Dvorak way, Latin-9 only)           │
       │fr(dvorak)                       French (Dvorak)                                              │
       │fr(mac)                          French (Macintosh)                                           │
       │fr(azerty)                       French (AZERTY)                                              │
       │fr(bre)                          French (Breton)                                              │
       │fr(oci)                          Occitan                                                      │
       │fr(geo)                          Georgian (France, AZERTY Tskapo)                             │
       │                                                                                              │
       ├──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤

> ls /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr*
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-azerty.map.gz              /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-bepo_latin9.map.gz         /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-nodeadkeys.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-bepo.map.gz                /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-oci.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-bre.map.gz                 /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-oss_latin9.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-dvorak.map.gz              /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-oss.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-latin9.map.gz              /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-oss_nodeadkeys.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-latin9_nodeadkeys.map.gz   /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-oss_sundeadkeys.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-latin9_sundeadkeys.map.gz  /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-sundeadkeys.map.gz
/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-mac.map.gz
 > 
 > rpm --query --whatprovides /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/fr-azerty.map.gz
kbd-2.0.4-14.38.x86_64
 > 

Where exactly are you trying to find it?

I made a Bug Report to request the addition of the AZERTY, AFNOR layout.
With the commands of dcurtisfra, I was able to locate the files in Tumbleweed.

Now can I copy the files from Tumbleweed into Leap?

I’m on Leap 15.3 – not Tumbleweed.

• Provided that, the “kbd” package is installed, the keyboard layouts should be located in ‘/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/xkb/’.

# localectl list-keymaps | grep -E '^fr'
fr
fr-azerty
fr-bepo
fr-bepo-latin9
fr-bepo_latin9
fr-bre
fr-dvorak
fr-latin1
fr-latin9
fr-latin9_nodeadkeys
fr-latin9_sundeadkeys