Autodesk EAGLE on Opensuse leap 15.5

I have installed different versions of Autodesk EAGLE on Opensuse 15.5 leap, from the oldest to the most recent:
http://eagle.autodesk.com/eagle/software-versions

but when I try to launch the program I always get errors. I would like to know if anyone is using EAGLE on SUSE 15 and what commands they used to run it

thank so much

@demo84 Hi and welcome to the Forum :smile:
When you run what are the errors? Have you tried running ldd ./eagle against the binary to see if you have something ‘not found’?

thank you so much malcom!!! I have just solved it installing version 8.3.0, the only working version for suse 15!!! I’m happy!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I need to use the old version 5.1 which worked fine on Opensuse 13.
Now on Leap 15.5 I have EAGLE 5.1 ​​installed but when I click on the eagle executable I get the error: no such file or directory.
I also get this error when running the program from Konsole. Why this?

Things changed maybe from 13 to 15.5 ???

Start program from command line and show us the errors. Use </> (pre-format text) to show computer output

In the command line I get this:
bash: ./eagle: File o directory non esistente

(no such file or directory)
But the executable file is there, I can’t understand this error

@demo84 are you in the actual directory where eagle resides?

yes, off course
and I get same error if I click on the eagle file with mouse:
execvp: No such file or directory

One normally shows this with

ls -l ./eagle
./eagle

and all the output that it generates here in a post (and do not forget to use the Preformatted text </> button around it).

In your case maybe it is better to do:

LANG=C ls -l ./eagle
LANG=C ./eagle

@demo84 is it executable?

pwd
/data/applications/eagle-9.6.0

ll eagle
-rwxr-x--- 1 username users 22101064 Mar  9  2020 eagle

./eagle

LANG=C ls -l ./eagle
-rwxr-xr-x 1 demonoid users 14120824 Jul 8 2010 ./eagle
LANG=C ./eagle
bash: ./eagle: File o directory non esistente

Apart from the fact that you used the " (Blockquote) button instaed of the </> (Preformatted text) button (the one to the right of the " button), thanks for the information.

First thing that hits me is that you have a complete other version (size) then Malcolm. And according to the date it is very old.

Is it correct that eagle is a bash script? Then looking inside it to find out which files/directories it tries to use and do not exist.

Also I expect the name of the file that can not be found in the message. But when the name is empty, you would not notice. Thus be prepared for a bash variable file name that is empty.

yes hcvv, that is 5.1 version, very old, but it works on opensuse 13. I have same problem with 7.7 version and yes, the problem it’s the age of the version.

@malcolmlewis malcolmlewis
I can’t use that version, if you try use version 6 or 7 you will have my same problem I think

@demo84 I think you might need to look at asking in the AutoCAD forum, this is a standalone binary (Commercial at that). Maybe the binary has a timeout feature after date X don’t run?

I was wondering if there is a way to change the execution date of a program, in order to fool the timer that uses the trial to count the days. Please don’t insult me :smiling_face_with_tear:

Doing that would violate the terms of the trial, and is likely illegal. You won’t get help here for that.

1 Like