Audio problems on ASUS M4N78SE

Hi, I have installed OpenSUSE 11.1 an a Asus M4N78SE motherboard with Athlon X2.
The motherboard support High Definition Audio ALC662.
I have no audio when trying ”test” in YaST or any other program.
When i try ”speaker-test -c2 -l5 -twav” it works, but when i try ”speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 -l5 -twav” it is silense.
> cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.17.
> cat /proc/asound/modules
0 snd_hda_intel
1 snd_usb_audio
> cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xf7f78000 irq 21
1 [U0x46d0x8c5 ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x8c5
USB Device 0x46d:0x8c5 at usb-0000:00:04.1-1, high speed

One strange thing is that in YaST only card 0 appears as ”MCP78S [GeForce 8200] High Definition Audio”. Card 1 is just a microphone in a webcam.
Anyone have a idea how to solve?

First, let me say WELCOME to openSUSE forums !!

Its quite common that only one of those two tests will work.

So, this suggests to me your sound works. Great news!!

Most likely the additional problems you may be encountering with sound with applications (and I am assuming you are encountering additional problems, although if my assumption is wrong, then please stop reading here) are associated with codecs.

Please read this post here (and my apologies for the excessive pontification in that post of mine). openSUSE Forums - View Single Post - setting up your multimedia on openSUSE

I believe if your PC is connected to the internet, by making your way thru the recommendations in that post, you can have superb sound up and working very quickly.

Probably because your webcam has an integrated microphone. I know mine does. I keep mine permanently muted.

Thanks for the fast help…im not really sure how, but after some restarts it works just fine. I did followed some advice i got before i restarted but dont know which one did the trick.

Thanks again,
/Thoboran