ATI Driver help! Plz

Hey guys I just recently installed openSUSE and I like it alot, but when I wanted to install the fgrlx drivers for my ATI Radeon 4670 I ran into some problems. I followed the procedure at the top of the link below for my openSUSE 11.1, but after restarting x thing my screen went erratic and strange lines filled my screen. Im not sure if im doing this right so I hope some of you guys may help Link below and thank you

PS: im using 64bit, x86_64

ATI - openSUSE

BUMP plz help

Oh my gosh, another one. I’ll try to be short.

You messed up fgrlx drivers provided by opensuse.org/ati are really “buggy”. You messed up your SaX2 config, and pretty much the only thing you can possibly do is hack SaX2 to rewrite a whole new config, which might not even work. Since you’re new, I would recommend reinstalling openSUSE and try to find linux-developed drivers for your ATI RADEON from ati.com

Here’s a short video on … What I did and really nothing worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3k0jbmv5vc)

EDIT:

I know you’re new, and that black screen probably scared the s*** out of you, but next time, search for a threat before posting, please.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, i’ll figure out what I need to do. I didn’t know that they were really buggy(probably b/c im new, duh) but i’ll try and intsall the ati drivers from ati. Thanks again.

I have one more problem, im trying to install the drivers the hard way that was on the page provided, but once i got to step 3 and tried to install the rpm i get something asking for

libstdc++.so.5
libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2)
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2)

the problem is that when in the software manager it says i have

libstdc++43 installed is there something else i need to get? thank you

You need the 32-bit versions of libc++; my Linux box is far, far away at the moment, so I can’t look anything up, but I think you need to install v33 in addition to v43, or at least search around for the 32-bit version on your installation disk.