I’ve been trying to get an older ATI grx card working with TV out. But according to the page (URL below) this card[size=2]’[size=2]s TV function isn’t supported any longer? I have had [size=2]this card working under Debian W[size=2]hee[size=2]zy, but thought I would give 12.3 a shot. Disabl[size=2]ing KMS usually [size=2]works.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/size]Some info about my gfx card and box
lspci 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]
uname -a Linux linux-qp8y.site 3.7.10-1.1-default #1 SMP Thu Feb 28 15:06:29 UTC 2013 (82d3f21) i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
I’ve followed [size=2]the instructions here[size=2] without success.
[/size][/size]SDB:Radeon - openSUSE
This page indicates the card is supported
HCL:AMD video cards - openSUSE ](http://software.opensuse.org/package/xorg-x11-driver-video-radeon)](http://software.opensuse.org/package/xorg-x11-driver-video-radeon)[size=2]This page states that TV out is and then isn’t supp[size=2]orted[/size]
Driver for ATI/AMD Radeon from 7000 to HD 5890 series
radeon is an Xorg driver for ATI RADEON-based video cards with the following features:
- Full support for 8-, 15-, 16- and 24-bit pixel depths;
- RandR 1.2 and RandR 1.3 support;
- TV-out support (only on RV/RS1xx, RV/RS2xx, R/RV/RS3xx. Experimental support on R/RV5xx, R/RV6xx, and R/RV7xx through the ATOMTvOut option); TV-out is not supported on cards that use the Rage Theatre chip for TV-out (R100, R200).
- Full EXA 2D acceleration;
- Full XAA 2D acceleration (only on R/RV/RS1xx, R/RV/RS2xx, R/RV/RS3xx, R/RV/RS4xx, R/RV5xx, RS6xx. XAA Render acceleration supported only on R/RV100, R/RV/RS2xx and RS3xx);
- Textured XVideo acceleration including anti-tearing support (Bicubic filtering only available on R/RV3xx, R/RV/RS4xx, R/RV5xx, and RS6xx/RS740);
- Overlay XVideo acceleration (only on R/RV/RS1xx, R/RV/RS2xx, R/RV/RS3xx, R/RV/RS4xx);
- 3D acceleration;
Xawtv run from terminal
> xawtv This is xawtv-3.102, running on Linux/i686 (3.7.10-1.1-default) xinerama 0: 1280x1024+0+0 vid-open-auto: failed to open a capture device vid-open: could not find a suitable videodev no video grabber device available
> xvinfo X-Video Extension version 2.2 screen #0 Adaptor #0: "Radeon Textured Video" number of ports: 16 port base: 63 operations supported: PutImage supported visuals: depth 24, visualID 0x21 number of attributes: 2 "XV_VSYNC" (range 0 to 1) client settable attribute client gettable attribute (current value is 1) "XV_CRTC" (range -1 to 1) client settable attribute client gettable attribute (current value is -1) maximum XvImage size: 2048 x 2048 Number of image formats: 4 id: 0x32595559 (YUY2) guid: 59555932-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71 bits per pixel: 16 number of planes: 1 type: YUV (packed) id: 0x32315659 (YV12) guid: 59563132-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71 bits per pixel: 12 number of planes: 3 type: YUV (planar) id: 0x30323449 (I420) guid: 49343230-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71 bits per pixel: 12 number of planes: 3 type: YUV (planar) id: 0x59565955 (UYVY) guid: 55595659-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71 bits per pixel: 16 number of planes: 1 type: YUV (packed)
Any[size=2] help would be appreciated[size=2].