Application menu favourites...

I see a lot of threads about Application menu (Kickoff, or Kicker…dunno how it’s called these days) and missing icons but none seem directly applicable to my issues.

There’re 2 things that go wrong:

1. I’m trying to customize the Favourites menu. For some reason Chromium isn’t listed in it anymore since today.
    I’m guessing this happened because I clicked “Make Chromium the default browser” in its settings ? Not sure how it got removed.
  2. I want to use a custom icon for the Application dashboard (openSUSE lizard instead of the KDE one)

This is roughly what I tried:
step 1:use “dashboard” : right-click → Alternatives…
use custom icon : Application dashboard settings → use custom image → /usr/share/icons/default.kde4/scalable/places/start-here-branding.svg
add chromium to favourites : search → right-click icon → add to favourites

step 2:switch back to “Application menu” or “Application launcher”
custom icon + chromium launcher disappears

step 3:switch back to “dashboard”
custom icon + chromium launcher still gone

Settings aren’t saved when logging out / logging in either. Is this a known bug or permission-related…?

TIA
Bart

At the moment there are 3 alternatives between which you can choose:

• Kickoff (“Application Launcher”), that was already available and the default in KDE4
  • Kicker (“Application Menu”), the default in openSUSE
  • Kicker Dashboard, the new fullscreen launcher

Which one are you using?
If you hover the mouse over the icon, a popup should appear telling you.

1. I’m trying to customize the Favourites menu. For some reason Chromium isn’t listed in it anymore since today.
    I’m guessing this happened because I clicked “Make Chromium the default browser” in its settings ? Not sure how it got removed.

Well, just add it back.

It shouldn’t get removed, but it isn’t there by default either.

1. I want to use a custom icon for the Application dashboard (openSUSE lizard instead of the KDE one)

Right click on the icon and enter the settings, you can change the icon there, for all three kinds.

Settings aren’t saved when logging out / logging in either. Is this a known bug or permission-related…?

Not that I know of.
Have you tried with a fresh user account?

But just to be clear: if you switch to a different launcher (via “Alternatives”), the old settings (icon, favorites) are lost at the moment.

Ok I just installed an update which also listed plasma (no details) and it seems the changes stick now.
For reference; I’m using Kicker Dashboard - as stated not-so-clearly in my first post.

Thanks anyway.