An issue related to WPS-Office, openSUSE or both ?

As I so far has not got any reply about this on the wps-community.org forum, I try also here in case this might be an openSUSE specific issue. This to decide where to place a bug report for it.

I didn’t either notice this warning or error messages with the previous WPS Office Alpha12, but they arised after I downloaded and installed the latest Alpha15 packages (wps-office-9.1.0.4751-1.a15.i686.rpm and wps-office-fonts-1.0-1.noarch.rpm) on openSUSE x86_64 Factory/Gnome 3.12.2 Factory (and on Tumbleweed and on 13.1).
(I have also tried to install the 1-click WPS packages for openSUSE and they got the same error warning. In addition the WPS icons were missing on the Gnome desktop)

Whenever I try to open a docx file starting with WPS Writer from the Gnome file manager, the following warning message popup:

:(“Writer - [Online Template]” is not responding"
You may choose to wait a short while for it to continue or force the application to quit entirely.
<Force quit> <Wait>

Following with another message rolling up from the Gnome screen bottom
Mutter-dialog: “Writer - [Document 1]” is ready

A third message might also be displayed:
System check: Some forumla symbols might not be displayed correctly due to (resolution)

Yet, just by pressing the <Wait> button, WPS writer and the file seems to open ok.

If I optionally starts WPS Writer from a command line in a terminal, the following additional warnings is written there:

/usr/bin/wps

(wps:4674): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find theme motor in module_path: «oxygen-gtk».

(wps:4674): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find theme motor in module_path: «adwaita».

Is something missing on my openSUSE Gnome desktop installation or is this a specific WPS error?

Thanks,
Terje

On 2014-09-20 13:36, terjejh wrote:
>
> As I so far has not got any reply about this on the wps-community.org
> forum, I try also here in case this might be an openSUSE specific issue.
> This to decide where to place a bug report for it.

See here as well:
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=501027

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” at Telcontar)

Yes, and the first suggestion there was to post separately for 13.1 there and for Factory here.
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/501027-WPS-for-Linux-A15-Online-Templates-doesn-t-respond?p=2665152#post2665152
So, this is for Factory :wink:

Terje

Yes this is factory but you need to post to bugzilla. This is a user maintained forum not a place to officially report problems.

Yes, bugzilla if this is an openSUSE related issue. First I wanted to hear if other users had experienced the same problem. I would be surprised if no one else have tried the latest WPS Office on openSUSE(?)

Terje

On 2014-09-20 18:56, gogalthorp wrote:
>
> Yes this is factory but you need to post to bugzilla. This is a user
> maintained forum not a place to officially report problems.

It is not clear if the issue is the system, or the application. It is
proprietary or something.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

Can you confirm you get the same error warnings?
It takes about 15 minutes to download, install and test a WPS startup :wink:

Terje

On 2014-09-21 10:36, terjejh wrote:
>
> robin_listas;2665472 Wrote:
>>
>> It is not clear if the issue is the system, or the application. It is
>> proprietary or something.
>>
> Can you confirm you get the same error warnings?
> It takes about 15 minutes to download, install and test a WPS startup :wink:

No, sorry, I don’t use that thing.
About the 15 minutes… sure? My Internet is about 50KB/s at this
moment… Max is 100.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.