Amarok wont submit to

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to correct it?

No issue here.
You configured your settings and login details?
What happens?

Seriously man you are the most helpful person I have ever come across on any forum…thank you very much for the quick responses.

Well I set up my details in Amarok and click testing and it just sits there doing nothing saying it is “testing”. 10 minutes should be more than enough time to test.

Open a terminal and do this:
rpm -qi amarok

post result

This is the result

package amarok is not installed

Now please post result of

kde4-config -v


Qt: 4.4.3
KDE: 4.1.3 (KDE 4.1.3) “release 4.10.4”
kde4-config: 1.0


So amarok will be kde4-amarok, so if you did

rpm -qi kde4-amarok

you will get the version

But If I were you I would either upgrade to 4.3 of kde or delete kde4-amarok and go to amarok from Packman.

Remember though if you fire up software management, you will get errors ATM because of the downtime. Unless you go the Repositories, disable the suse linked repos and add in mirrors from non-suse locations
openSUSE Download Mirrors - Overview

If you think you might like to Upgrade kde, leave it until everything is back to normal. It’s a bit of a challenge doing the upgrade, but we can walk you through it:
KDE4.3.* Upgrade - HowTo - openSUSE Forums

KDE4 Name Changes - Making the transition - HowTo - openSUSE Forums

Ok thanks I will do the upgrade this coming tuesday.

A word of advice. Read carefully the info I posted. Take note of the repo priorities, the renaming of packages (eg: what you have: kde4-amarok will need to be deleted, because the factory provides amarok, no kde4 prefix), and familiarize yourself with filter by repository and doing update all in this list Unconditionally.

You will likely get a list of dependency errors, look for the option that will give you 4.3 and the build service as vendor, you can always save the dependency error to file with the expert box, and we can look at it for you.

Is there anyway you will be online around Tuesday 6.30 pm New Zealand time which is roughly 8am in London? This sounds like an epic move to be honest.

Very early AM UK time, usually 3am to 6.30am
Then on and off during the day
UK evening 6.30pm to 9pm

It is quite epic. And not for the faint hearted. Honestly, for new users it can be a hurdle. As moderators we have a private discussion going about the Build Service and how we can address issues we have seen as a result of their use.

It’s not a great long time until 11.2 and we see there will be far less incentive to use Build Service then. It all revolves around a rather immature kde4 that shipped with 11.1 - so loads of users are upgrading with the Build Service repo’s.

Don’t rush this. I’m not sure of your user experience with Linux. I have seen users get in to trouble, find no one around to answer their questions and proceed to re-install because they think the system is broken. In most cases, this is extremely unlikely. Sorting problems can be much easier if you have more than one computer.

Think about it. I’ll watch out for you.

You can always go the safe route and delete the kde4-amarok and pick up the one from Packman. In fact you could probably do that now if you can manage to jiggle your repo’s to be fed by mirrors from your location (which is a good idea anyway)

Is 11.2 coming with KDE 4.3? Maybe I should wait until 11.2 has been released if that is the case. Will I be able to do a live update or do we have to download another ISO?

My Linux experience is minor to say the least and I have already killed my SUSE setup once by trying to install programs and then those programs asking what to do when they have conflicting dependencies.

Yes, 11.2 will have kde4.3.* (4.3.1 I think)
Release is planed for November.
The best way to update is a fresh install, leaving your current /home un-formatted will preserve all your user settings and data. This is what I always do, and from the DVD, I have never yet done a working install from a CD. (By working I mean a computer I am using daily) I do sandbox installs from the live CD’s.

Ok, wow, I am going to have to contacty you closer to the time or maybe I will just update KDE next week (hopefully with your guidance).