Amarok crash

Hi All
I seam to have audio problems since 13.2.
Anyway the problem is Amarok crashes. That happened from one day to the next. And I have not done anything to the system in the meantime.

So when trying to start Amarok via icon or via comand line I get the same msg

Starting => the Amarok Crash Handler appears with the following msg

Executable: amarok PID: 4825 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 25/03/2015 13:45:59

Since I started it via comandline the msg is

hase@linux-k5tf:~> amarok
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12" 
amarok(4825) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroEnabled.12" 
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
amarok(4825)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability 
amarok(4825)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability 
FileTypeResolver: file /home/hase/Downloads/'Dreamed of Butterflies' (c) Julie Roser 2013.MOV (mimetype video/quicktime) not recognized as Amarok-compatible 
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
********************************************************************************************** 
** AMAROK WAS STARTED IN NORMAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE DEBUGGING INFORMATION, PLEASE USE: ** 
** amarok --debug                                                                           ** 
********************************************************************************************** 
hase@linux-k5tf:~> 
(amarok:4825): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_make_writable: assertion 'mini_object != NULL' failed
KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/hase/.kde4/socket-linux-k5tf/kdeinit4__0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 4825, errno = 2

I searched through the forum to find someting similar … no luck.

What puzzels me is it happened so to speak over night. Yesterday it was working … no system changes … today it crashes ?!?

Has anybody an idea ? I tryed to use earlier versions of Amarok … same problem. De-installed it / re-installed it … same problem.

Thanks and cheers
otto_oz

Did you try deleting all the hidden amarok config files and folders

What repos are you using

zypper lr -d

Try to use phonon-backend-vlc instead. (install it and set it in “Configure Desktop”->Multimedia->Audio and Video Settings)

Maybe something is wrong with your gstreamer installation or you hit a gstreamer bug…

Hi Thanks for your help !

I deleted / saved all config file and in stalled the version from Packman.

I reinstalled the saved folder /home/.kde4/share/apps/amarok and got my play list back.

So it is working again !!! Why it stopped working is a mystery to me.

Thanks and cheers
otto_oz