Alternatives for phpMyAdmin

I have just installed Leap 15.3 and find that phpMyAdmin will not work for some reason. Is this a permanent problem? If so, can anyone suggest an alternative frontend for a mariadb?

Hello and welcome to the openSUSE forums.

Sorry, but “will not work for some reason” is a very bad problem description. So when you want any help from the volunteers here, please describe much more precise what you do and what you got. Preferable by copy/paste of your terminal command and output.

And then plsae use this important, but not easy to find feature on the forums.

Please use CODE tags around copied/pasted computer text in a post. It is the # button in the tool bar of the post editor. When applicable copy/paste complete, that is including the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt.

An example is here: Using CODE tags Around your paste.

Hi @MichaelFarthing,

I’ve upgraded my VPS from 15.2 to 15.3 just recently, and I can confirm that phpMyAdmin works FINE after the upgrade, as before. So maybe you’ve found an issue with NEW installation, but it’s not a general 15.3 phpMyAdmin issue.
Maybe worth looking at which version you’re trying to install, as there is 4.9.7 available as usual distribution version, from 15.3 OSS repo. And 5.1.1. from the experimental repo server:php:applications. Same version available for TW. I’m using the server:php:applications repo as want to use the most current versions e.g. of Nextcloud and Roundcubemail on my VPS, also switched phpMyAdmin to be used from this repo.

LC_ALL=En zypper se -v phpmyadmin
Repository 'Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15' is out-of-date. You can run 'zypper refresh' as root to update it.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S  | Name              | Type       | Version           | Arch   | Repository
---+-------------------+------------+-------------------+--------+-----------------------------
v  | phpMyAdmin        | package    | 4.9.7-bp153.1.12  | noarch | openSUSE OSS
    name: phpMyAdmin
v  | phpMyAdmin        | package    | 4.9.7-lp153.2.11  | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
   | phpMyAdmin        | srcpackage | 4.9.7-lp153.2.11  | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
i+ | phpMyAdmin        | package    | 5.1.1-lp153.378.1 | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
   | phpMyAdmin        | srcpackage | 5.1.1-lp153.378.1 | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
i  | phpMyAdmin-apache | package    | 5.1.1-lp153.378.1 | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
    name: phpMyAdmin-apache
i  | phpMyAdmin-lang   | package    | 5.1.1-lp153.378.1 | noarch | server:php:applications.repo
    name: phpMyAdmin-lang

Belated thanks for this detailed help which I have only just seen. I’m afraid I went off not exactly in a sulk but certainly with a reluctance to return in response to the first reply from a global moderator to a new poster. My question centred around a specific comment in the installation documentation about difficulties with phpadmin - which obviosuly I had not made clear . On closer reading I realised that this did not say “phpadmin does not work on 15.3” but that the the phpadmin.rpm did not. Anyway, I’m sorted with it now and very relieved also to have found a server OS that I feel comfortable with