ADT on OpenSUSE 13.1

I can’t start the ADT (Android Development Tool). When I start the Eclipse it ask to specify the workspace and then it close.
At firs it suggested

Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try “ulimit -c unlimited” before starting Java again

Then it gave me

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b31) (build 1.7.0_45-b31)

Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame:

C [libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x1a6b8] g_object_get_qdata+0x18

Core dump written. Default location: /home/volter/Code/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030/eclipse/core or core.1138

An error report file with more information is saved as:

/tmp/jvm-1138/hs_error.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please include

instructions on how to reproduce the bug and visit:

Bugzilla Main Page

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

I have the same problem – it appears that there are a lot of 32bit programs in the bundle, and 13.1 does not correctly set up the *.so links that they need. I did a lot of hand linking and I still am missing some libraries. adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514 works fine on 12.3, but I am trying
adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030 on a fresh install of 13.1. Almost bedtime now, so will try again tomorrow.

adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514 crashes on 13.1 also in spite of having all 32bit libraries satisfied. It appears from another thread that eclipse itself has the problem:

https://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/492348-eclipse-juno-crashs-opensuse-13-1-a.html

Yes, have a look at this especially: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/492348-eclipse-juno-crashs-opensuse-13-1-a-2.html#post2600542
Does it help if you change the Gtk2 theme to Raleigh in Configure Desktop->Application Appearance->GTK?

Yes – changing Gtk theme to Raleigh does fix the problem for adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514.

Unfortunately, adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030 uses some shared libraries which openSUSE does not include in 13.1 (or 12.3 for that matter.)

Thank you for your help.

And which ones?
Maybe you can find them on software.opensuse.org: Search

It is missing libjnigraphics.so → a search on software.opensuse.org did not find it, but google has some links to other people with same problem, so I will try to research some more. Thanks.

That should be part of the Android NDK, so of course it’s not included in openSUSE. So I would think this should be included in ADT?
Can’t help you there, sorry!

You are right – located a copy on android.googlesource.com, stuck it in an appropriate directory, and everything is working beautifully. Thanks.

Thanks, but please state where was it found in android.googlesource.com,and in which directory you placed it in your machine.

Thanks again, :expressionless:

Julio

Found it (by using a google.com search oddly enough) located in the directory:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/ndk/+/refs/tags/android-4.1.1_r1.1/android-ndk-r7/platforms/android-9/arch-x86/usr/lib

and stuck it in the directory:

~/Development/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030/sdk/build-tools/android-4.4/renderscript/lib/packaged/x86/

… but now that I am more familiar with Android, I am not all that sure that it was necessary to have it, since it appears to be an Android system library which would be on my Android devices anyway. (Also it seems to come from 4.1.1_r1 instead of 4.4.)

I fixed my problem:

Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try “ulimit -c unlimited” before starting Java again

from couple of hours of Googling…

In …/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64_XXXXXXX/eclipse/eclipse.ini
add:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla

here:

openFile
-vmargs
**-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla**
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6

Yes, that’s a known problem with Eclipse in combination with WebKit. Also mentioned in the other thread I linked to.