adjust KDEStart height

Im running Opensuse (11.1, and the KDE that was included (4.1.3 i think)) on my eeePC 701 4G, and because of the small Screen (800*480) the search field of KDEStart is only half visible, because it reaches the upper end of the Screen, so far i haven’t found a way to reduce its heigth, hoes anyone have a clue to solve this?

mfg Dacollo

And the part that’s just outside your screen contains the handle to resize it. Try decreasing ALL font sizes in Systemsettings, so that you do see the top of the menu, then resize it downwards by grabbing it by it’s upright corner, then put the font size back to original.

hmm … i did as you said, but when i decreased the textsizes the size of Kstart didn’t decrease … is there any way to increase the resolution virtually? (in windows there is a program for the eee called Astray, in wich you can set different resolutions, but it is only usable if you overclock the graphic chip, but i think for this problem it would work fine) i did a quick search at google, but i didn’t find anythink

mfg Dacollo

Logout and login would do the job. The menu is the only thind that does not apply font changes immediately.
You can also right click and choose the classic menu, maybe that helps

hmm … no the text size dicreases as it should, but the whole kmenu size stays … and i had the classic (traditional) menu before but i prefer to use the kickoff version … the only thing is, that it doesn’t look really good, if the menu reaches the upper end of the screen

mfg Dacollo