Acer Aspire 5336 Graphics ongoing problem

Ive had this problem for ages

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/hardware/468893-graphics-drivers-intel-intergrated-graphics.html

Anyway i have kinda fixed it by editing the boot menu to read

resume=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9320310AS_5WV06J64-part1 splash=silent quiet acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi=Linux

Now the laptop Boots, The Screen goes off, I login and then the screen comes back on with a Semi-Decent resolution which is :slight_smile:

Until… i plug the power cable in and then the screen goes off >:( >:(

Somebody please help im loosing the will to live with this laptop, My Lenovo was sooo much easier than this

Try searching for backlight here
Search - openSUSE.org

Lots of info there.

FWIW, I just came up with this post when looking around to solve this same problem in another Acer model.
The problem is the brightness control is, mysteriously, working kinda the other way around (I’d bet someone forgot a minus sign or something :slight_smile: ), so in addition to the acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi=Linux boot options, what needs to be done is set the screen brightness in the powersaving module of KDE to the minimum for Performance mode.
That way when you plug the power cable the laptop gets into Performance mode and brightness is adjusted to maximum…
Oh well, things happen. :smiley: