Accessing SAMBA shares from within R-studio not working (works fine on file browser)

Hello I am not sure this is the place to ask or if it would be better in Applications.
I am running Leap 42.2 on a laptop, with a direct wired connection to the internet.
I can access the SAMBA shares where our group stores our data without any issues from KDE or from GNOME. Nevertheless, when running R-Studio in KDE when I go to open files I do not get an option for the network drives to access.
If I try to access the files from the GIMP or Inkscape I can see them fine. Now if I open R-studio in GNOME I have no problem whatsoever to access any network drive from within R-Studio. I am guessing it has to do more with however R-studio is being compiled but if there is any settings I could change to remain in KDE and still be able to run R-studio with access to network drives this would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Although I’m not using R-Studio,
From what you describe, you should be able to mount your remote share in a console using the “mount” command, then you’ll have a location on your local file system to point R-Studio to.

TSU

I actually have no problem mounting the samba shares at all.
What I mean is that when I have already mounted them, and they are available in Dolphin or The Gimp or Inkscape they are not available to R-Studio. This behaviour is exclusive to KDE as in GNOME it is fine. I thought it might be with some GTK+ vs QT programming issue but as far as I can tell R-studio is Qt based so it should play nicely with KDE.
Basically when opening network shares R-studio seems to not revert back to dolphin to look for files but some other file system is this possible?

Any ideas welcome.

What I mean is that when I have already mounted them, and they are available in Dolphin or The Gimp or Inkscape they are not available to R-Studio.

Just to clarify to us…please show the cifs shares as reported by

mount -t cifs

Shares can be mounted a number of different ways, so just because you can see a share in some application does not mean that the share can be seen outside of that app.

You need to mount in a console (Typically using the “mount” command) for what I suggested to work.

TSU