a problem with sound card

i don’t have sound in all of the programs and only phonon have sound.

i have used “/usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh” and here is the log:
/usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh - Pastebin.com

how can i fix the problem?

i tried restart alsa and that didn’t won’t fix the problem.

Before you do anything else, give a read of the following blog: Pulseaudio Basics for openSUSE with pavucontrol - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

For help with testing your sound look at this: S.T.A.R.T. - SuSE Terminal Audio Reporting Tool - Version 1.12 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Come back and tell us exactly the sound card or sound chipset you are using as well as the openSUSE version, 32 or 64 bit and preferred desktop.

Finally, it is always good to check out your multimedia setup as well: MMCHECK - Version 2.41 - Check Your Multimedia in 16 Steps - Bash Script File - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

thanks for the answer. my system is opensuse 11.4-64bit

i wish i saw you message Earlier, but after i set down and tried sdb:audio troubleshooting but the tests of the sound card didn’t worked at all.
(i checked with zypper ps before i tried what they said at the link)
then i removed the sound card config from “/etc/modprobe.d” and configured him again and then the sound worked till phonon showed the message that others sound cards still in been used and the sound disappear again after this message.
i repeated the this process four times till i started to searched how to remove the phonon sound cards list and i found this link and after reading the page i understood he had the some problem i had.
then i changed the file name and logged out and login again and i the sound worked great till now.

this is the file ~/.kde4/share/config/phonondevicesrc that cause this problem to the system.

i will keep the bookmarks you wrote for a future problems and expand my knowledge in suse.

That is a rather old article posted in 2008 and KDE is at 4.7/4.8 now and not 4.1 and PulseAudio is the default since openSUSE 11.4. I do like to hear about success however, but I do suggest you look at the PulseAudio article link I provided and you have a very good day.

Thank You,

i’m using kde 4.6.5-9.8

KDE is up to 4.8.3 which can be used in openSUSE 12.1 right now with a repository change and many issues that existed in the older KDE version has now been fixed. I am not sure of the version of KDE in older openSUSE versions. Is this in openSUSE version 11.4 that you are using?

Thank You,

yes, i’m using opensuse 11.4 64bit version.
uname -a
Linux ************ 2.6.37.6-0.11-desktop x86_64 GNU/Linux

kde 4.7 or 4.8 are better then kde 4.6.5-9.8?
because the kde i have is doing too many problems and i tried removing the kde folder in my home folder to restart him and even install the opensuse 11.4 as a clean install, before i have a opensuse that was upgraded from 11.1 to 11.2 and then to 11.3 and then to 11.4,but after a while his doing problems again.

no matter what i tried the kde is still doing problems and that why i asked about the kde 4.7/8

For openSUSE 11.4, there are links to switch to using KDE 4.8:

Version: 11.4

You should remove any other KDE repositories, leaving only the original openSUSE one and perhaps Packman. You can add others back in later if you wish. You must go into YaST / Software / Software Management, select the Repository view, select each of these two repositories one at a time and then switch to them. I then go back and for any files that also exist in Packman, switch them back to Packman, but you don’t have to do that for sure unless you find it creates a problem with that individual application. I also suggest you set the Software Management option: Options / Allow Vendor Change. If you have any conflicts, allow the change of vendor if asked, and never select to ignore any dependencies.

Thank You,