a few problems.....2 i guess

well hello everybody…i’m pretty new over here so unfortunately i think i’ll be asking a few silly questions…please bear with me…:slight_smile:

first problem
i tried to install banshee media player using zypper but it gives me this problem:(

linux-g2qi:/home/arkadeep # zypper install banshee
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
art-sharp2 banshee-1 banshee-1-backend-engine-gstreamer
banshee-1-backend-platform-gnome banshee-1-backend-platform-unix
banshee-1-client-classic banshee-1-core banshee-1-extensions-default
bundle-lang-gnome-en gconf-sharp2 glade-sharp2 glib-sharp2 gnome-sharp2
gnome-vfs-sharp2 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gtk-sharp2 imlib2 libart_lgpl
libbonoboui libcaca0 libgdiplus0 libgnomecanvas libgnomeui libwavpack1 mono-addins
mono-core mono-data mono-data-sqlite mono-web mono-winforms mono-zeroconf
mono-zeroconf-provider-avahi ndesk-dbus ndesk-dbus-glib taglib-sharp

35 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 34.9 MiB. After the operation, additional 94.8 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y
Retrieving package mono-core-2.4.2.3-2.3.i586 (1/35), 10.7 MiB (33.9 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: mono-core-2.4.2.3-2.3.i586.rpm [done (57.0 KiB/s)]
Installing: mono-core-2.4.2.3-2.3 [error]
Installation of mono-core-2.4.2.3-2.3 failed:
(with --nodeps --force) Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30987) getting “” records from Requireversion index
error: db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30987) getting “” records from Provideversion index

Second problem
my cd writer is kinda out of order so i followed this guide (Live USB stick - openSUSE) to make a live usb stick to try out other distros…

everything went well…dd wrote everything properly…but when i try to boot, it says thats it is a non-system disk and says to replace it strike again…so basically its not working…

i think i followed all the instructions in the guide properly…but still i am pasting it over here
(the drive was given as sdb…i checked using ls -l)
umount /dev/sdb
dd if=/home/arkadeep/LinuxMint-8.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M;sync

i used linuxmint…
yeah so dd writes everything and the size is also correct. so now i can’t figure out what to do…

please help me with these two problems

thanks in advance
-Arkadeep

error: error(-30987) getting "" records from Requireversion index

RPM-database “FUBARed”.

=>

su -c "rpm --rebuilddb"

thanks a lot!!:):slight_smile:

and anything about the my second problem?

thanks anyway

Now you see that you had better taken the time to make two different threads about two different problems. It is quite possible that people knowing not much about rpm databases skip this one after a glance at it, while they might know more about your second problem. Also I advise you to make the title of your post telling in a few words what it is about. Telling that you have a problem is not very attractive to the gurus, most people starting a thread have a problem, but they call it something like:
RPM failed: db4 error during install
or
Live USB stick does not boot.

Help yourself by making it easy to others.

Regards,

arkadeep wrote:
> and anything about the my second problem?

i suggest you ask that second one over in the Mint forum…

palladium

oh okay i’ll try that
and sorry for not being clear