64bit with 32 bit

Hey there,

I am planing to install a 64 bit OpenSUSE(the latest stable one i guess). I already have a 32-bit Vista, so I am going to go for a dual boot scenario.

Since it is a 64-bit/32-bit combination, I just wanted some expert tip here. Will I face any potential installation problems? or others if you could point out?

I have the necessary hardware, thats not the problem.

If there is a guide for this, it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.!

Read this first:

NEWBIES - Suse-11.1 Pre-installation – PLEASE READ - openSUSE Forums

&

http://forums.opensuse.org/how-faq-read-only/unreviewed-how-faq/389511-partitioning-install-guide.html#post1923018

Since only one OS is running at a given time on your hardware, it’s irrelevant what word length the other OS is. The only thing that matters, if you want to transfer files, is whether the filesystem of the other OS can be mounted. And this is not a problem because filesystem designers have taken care that their filesystem specifications are not tied to the OS word length.

There is one thing though. 11.0 and 11.1 create ext2/3 filesystems with 256 byte inodes. If you intend to use third-party software on Windows to mount Linux ext2/3 filesystems, they may not (yet?) handle 256 byte inodes. So you might want to specify 128 byte inodes when you create the filesystem. This is in the release notes of 11.0 and 11.1.