32 bit libraries & FPC

Hi all,

I’m trying to setup lazarus / freepascal (installed from the Lazaras site, not the suse packaged ones).
I’ve got most of the way however when trying to build a project it wants to link against the 32 bit versions of the libraries. So I installed them from YaST without problems.

But the freepascal compiler still can’t find them!

For example I installed libgtk 32 bit and I get

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      27 Mar 20 01:11 libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 -> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.33
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5323004 Mar 20 01:11 libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.33

But no libgtk-x11-2.0.so, which is what FPC is looking for, making a softlink to libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.33 and FPC finds it, But doing this for every damn library is going to be tedious.

Is there a reason for this?

Cheers.

Phill.

Development libraries are included in development packages (those with names ending on -devel). Your output does not show where these libraries come from (they are installed in multiple directories). Probably it is gtk2-devel-32bit package assuming you are showing the content of /usr/lib.

When you post computer output you should always start with full command you used to obtain this output as well as clear indication in which directory this command was invoked (either as part of prompt or using cd ... as preceding command). Only then can this output be correctly interpreted.