I did it on mine opensuse10.2 (64bit) box. So i don’t know if it works on os11.0. I downloaded the generic tar.bz2 for the Mozilla site, then i extracted it in /usr/local and run from there. It asked if i wanted to make it the default browser. I answered yes, and it works flawlessy until now. Give it a try.
I am running openSUSE 10.3, but ran into similar problems.
I have the following packages
rpm -qva |grep -i -E -e ‘firefox|xulrunner|seamonkey’|sort
Using strace on firefox I noticed
open("/usr/lib/firefox/application.ini", O_RDONLY) = 3
precedes the check of the /etc/gre.d/184.108.40.206.system.conf contents.
In application.ini, I found
Changing those values to 220.127.116.11 did the trick.Further experimenting showed that I only need to set the MaxVersion value to 18.104.22.168.
Which (duh!) makes sense given the xulrunner version I have.