[13.2] bash problen

hi.

After installation of 13.2 from dvd, when I am booting to systtem, I have problem with bash. Every time I want to delete something with backspace, the cursor is moving forward, and after I press enter I have something like “$\302\200 command not found”.

Really ?

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:16:01 +0000, sysek wrote:

> hi.
>
> After installation of 13.2 from dvd, when I am booting to systtem, I
> have problem with bash. Every time I want to delete something with
> backspace, the cursor is moving forward, and after I press enter I have
> something like “$\302\200 command not found”.
>
> Really ?

Sounds like the wrong keyboard mapping is loaded - something to check.
I’m not seeing that behaviour here.

What DE are you using?

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I just install text mode.

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 01:06:02 +0000, sysek wrote:

> I just install text mode.

OK.

So what type of keyboard do you have, and what keyboard mapping did you
select during the installation?

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

It’s a laptop, Lenovo Z580. Previous version of openSUSE works in 100%. I select polish, after that even if I change to other mapping, the same result. I have really nonidea what’s going on.

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:26:01 +0000, sysek wrote:

> It’s a laptop, Lenovo Z580. Previous version of openSUSE works in 100%.
> I select polish, after that even if I change to other mapping, the same
> result. I have really nonidea what’s going on.

If you boot from a 13.1 live media, do you still see the issue? If not,
what about a 13.2 live media?

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I installed opensuse 13.1 now. I think there’s a problem with inputrc, but I am not sure. I will install 13.2 on vbox, and I will check. And yes, on live 13.2 also is a problem.

On Thu, 04 Dec 2014 10:26:02 +0000, sysek wrote:

> I installed opensuse 13.1 now. I think there’s a problem with inputrc,
> but I am not sure. I will install 13.2 on vbox, and I will check. And
> yes, on live 13.2 also is a problem.

Very strange, you might want to enter a bug at bugzilla.opensuse.org just
so someone’s looking into why this is happening to you.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Be sure to include you hardware configuration and any language settings that may not be English. You seem to have a unique problem so it is something you have or are doing that no one else is doing.