12.2 - New install - Grub2 text not readable

For me, a much easier way was to create a .png of one colour, on which grey text can be seen, and replace the file:
/boot/grub2/themes/openSUSE/background.png with it…
YMMV of course, and will depend on whether you have the openSUSE themed GRUB2, but from the description of grey text on green bg I am guessing that the OP does. Strangely I was toying about and my first experiment was a plain grey background. The light grey text reads quite comfortably on top of of it, which is nice :slight_smile:
If I knew how to screenshot the boot screen, I would put a picture here.

But I don’t.

Have made another fresh install.
I have notice that after a fresh install, When I reboot for the first time to complete the install process, the text in the boot screen is very clear : white over background black.
It becomes unreadable at the second reboot ( light gray over background light green ( background picture )) when I reboot after doing the first mandatory upgrade (zypper).

Yes, I noticed that too (was playing around on the weekend and did a test install).

It becomes unreadable at the second reboot ( light gray over background light green ( background picture )) when I reboot after doing the first mandatory upgrade (zypper).
Actually, I think it was the upgrade … I seem to recall having the black background for a couple reboots … before I applied updates.

And speaking of updates, a grub update has been released which gets rid of the green background and swaps it with a black background, so text is now read able again.

Have replace opensuse grub splash screen by this one :

GRUB2 gfxmenu Demo theme

The Definitive Guide to Theming GRUB2,

using a modified version the ubuntu1 demo theme from Gibibit Labs

Designed for any resolution

No color problem. And after selecting a boot option, the text is still readable on the second page ( before plymouth splash screen ).

So what else now ?