11.1 thinks my joystick is a soundcard and breaks dvd drive?

I have a fresh install of 11.1 with KDE 4.2 RC added from factory. I am trying to get frets on fire playing with a few xbox x-plorer usb guitars. Yes, they do work as confirmed in my dual boot under XP.

The problem in 11.1 is, when I leave them plugged in on startup into KDE 4.2. There is no sound and I get a warning saying that there are other sound cards/devices that can be removed. Also, both of my DVD drives will not recognize a cd or dvd as the automount popup does not work.

If I leave them unplugged on startup, sound works once loading in to KDE. And the DVD drives recognize discs.

I also have a xbox mad catz controller for playing NES under a emulator that I haven’t even tried yet. But I know the outcome of that with my problem now.

All of these work under XP, I can leave them plugged in, shut down, restart and they are all recognized.

What is going on?
A little info about my sound system from “Sound and Video Configuration”:

• “Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B (Intel 82801DB-ICH4)”
  • “default”
  • “default:CARD=0”
  • “hw:0,0”
  • “hw:0,4”

I can’t remember what the warning is when I leave the guitars plugged in. But it says that it can remove 3 of those.

I would appreciate any help please. Thanks!

(Also, Does anyone know why when I log in I can see my desktop through a corrupt/distorted image in between opensuse splash and nvidia)?